Suggestions for Parts Sales Representative

Hi all,

I applied for an Aviation Parts Sales representative position 40 minutes away. I have interviewed with this company a year ago for a different job. However they sent me an assessment test. Is there any sure fire way to do well on these? Any suggestions. All help appreciated.

Who knows what they can ask you. I'm assuming you are doing this from your house online or do you have to do this in person at their location? Only someone that has taken the exact same test for the exact same employer could tell you what it asked.

Google "employment assessment test" and see if you can do practise tests beforehand.

Good luck!

According to the description it's "You’ll be responsible for receiving and processing incoming orders from Pilatus Service Centers and direct customers to meet their parts requirements."

They just want to know what you know. If you are qualified for the possisition, just take the test honestly. It might reveal a few of your weaknesses, but this could be a good thing if they are the kind of company that is willing to work with you and offer you some additional training/education.
If you have done sales and been successful at it you should be fine. If you have not done sales before, I can tell you from experience that it takes a certain kind of individual to do this kind of work, not everybody has the talent for doing it. You MUST learn how to handle rejection, you have to deal with it every day.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I applied for an Aviation Parts Sales representative position 40 minutes away. I have interviewed with this company a year ago for a different job. However they sent me an assessment test. Is there any sure fire way to do well on these? Any suggestions. All help appreciated.

How many years do you have in aviation ?

Assessment Tests want you to think like a dedicated ‘company man’ and not think like a normal worker.

Did you get the job ?

Still haven't heard back. I might follow up with them. I've interviewed with them previously but didn't get that position either. I worked for an Airline as a technical writer for 7 months but when covid hit they layed off alot of people. I've been a dealership lot manager, and have a degree in Journalism and Aviation Management.

Back