Sugar River beef stick ends & piece

Saw it at local Grocery Outlet. Before it seemed to be $9.99 for a 32 oz vacuum sealed pack, but I just got a couple that were selling for 2 for $5. Couldn't pass it up.

2320432OZSRBFORIGSTIX1_16EP.jpg

As far as I can tell, the address there is of Jack Link's (1 Snack Food Ln). They're a little bit odd. They're a lot like the long, single packs of Slim Jim style beef sticks, but slightly wet. I thought that maybe Jack Link's was dumping their odd pieces (like bacon ends) but the ingredient list is longer and contains a lot more preservatives. Maybe it's just added liquid. The pieces are assorted, with some looking like they were cut lengthwise with some pieces that were clearly ends where the end of each link is twisted and the end of both links was cut off. Some look a little bit too thick like they were rejected pieces.

Overall it's pretty good for the price, although I'm not sure my arteries can take that much fat.

I bought those a few months ago. Threw half of them away. The picture shows pieces that could be eaten. Mine were mostly the very ends that were like eating wet greasy paper.

Saw it at local Grocery Outlet. Before it seemed to be $9.99 for a 32 oz vacuum sealed pack, but I just got a couple that were selling for 2 for $5. Couldn't pass it up.

2320432OZSRBFORIGSTIX1_16EP.jpg

As far as I can tell, the address there is of Jack Link's (1 Snack Food Ln). They're a little bit odd. They're a lot like the long, single packs of Slim Jim style beef sticks, but slightly wet. I thought that maybe Jack Link's was dumping their odd pieces (like bacon ends) but the ingredient list is longer and contains a lot more preservatives. Maybe it's just added liquid. The pieces are assorted, with some looking like they were cut lengthwise with some pieces that were clearly ends where the end of each link is twisted and the end of both links was cut off. Some look a little bit too thick like they were rejected pieces.

Overall it's pretty good for the price, although I'm not sure my arteries can take that much fat.
I snagged a giant bag with salami end pieces the other day at Grocery outlet. I'm always looking for the big wheel of brie they sometimes have for just $10.

I've bought that before. You need to eat it pretty quickly after the vacuum seal is broken. Not sure whether it's the moisture content or what but what I had developed mold and had to be thrown out before I'd finished the package. If I'd have eaten that much of it before it grew mold they'd have had to call in Roto Rooter to clean my arteries.

Holy additives, Batman!

Corn syrup before spices? Lost me at corn syrup. No thanks.

If you have a Rural King, they have a bag of cut up beef sausages maybe 2 lbs. I throw them in the skillet with my eggs that I fry in the morning. Maybe 20 pieces. cook them up and dip in yolk, MMMM good. They look like what you showed.

Holy additives, Batman!

Corn syrup before spices? Lost me at corn syrup. No thanks.

Mine is actually different. It says more sugar, dextrose (which is just glucose), etc. And spices are rarely any substantial proportion of any food item unless one wants it to be inedible.

Mine is actually different. It says more sugar, dextrose (which is just glucose), etc. And spices are rarely any substantial proportion of any food item unless one wants it to be inedible.
Lol, ok.

Nothing says it has to be in quantities that make something inedible. I’ll take foods without quite as much processed junk and corn syrup… stuff that’s universally bad for people… thank you very much.

And I LOVE sausages and meats. Just not overly processed stuff.

Lol, ok.

Nothing says it has to be in quantities that make something inedible. I’ll take foods without quite as much processed junk and corn syrup… stuff that’s universally bad for people… thank you very much.

And I LOVE sausages and meats. Just not overly processed stuff.

Traditional corn syrup (like Karo) isn't really all that bad. And I'm skeptical that HFCS (sold as "glucose-fructose" in Canada and other countries) is really as bad any many claim it to be.

Back