Subaru SUV owners, does your steering have a "notch" feeling at either ends of turning?

2010 Forester
I don't drive it all that much unless I have to do maintenance on it.

The other day, I was doing a complete lock on the steering wheel to make a turn and the steering wheel felt like it went into this notch.
Normal car if I hit the steering bump stop and then let go while accelerating, it'll straighten out on its own.
However, on this Subaru, once I seem to "fall" into this notch, the steering wheel holds the same position until I counter steer to get out of this notch?
I'm not sure if I'm explaining it properly.

I am wondering if fellow Subaru owners also have the same experience and that this is just the characteristic of the steering rack on Subarus?
Thanks.

I've seen this condition on used cars where the driver has had a habit of turning and holding the steering wheel at full stop when making a turn. After time, the steering wheel tends to "hold" at full stop, like you describe.

I've seen this condition on used cars where the driver has had a habit of turning and holding the steering wheel at full stop when making a turn. After time, the steering wheel tends to "hold" at full stop, like you describe.

Don't think the previous driver, my mom, did that to the car. It's happening on both left or right turn and only 33k km , but out of warranty.

it'sa weird sensation that I've never experienced in any other car.

There's no notchy feeling but I think our Outback will stay at full lock at parking lot speeds or atleast the steering effort drops way down. I think its because of the steering geometry with lots of positive caster and at the extreme turning angle that much caster makes the tire want to "flop over" making the steering easier or slightly self steer more.
I don't find its a problem really, and certainly not in normal driving above like 3mph.

There's no notchy feeling but I think our Outback will stay at full lock at parking lot speeds or atleast the steering effort drops way down. I think its because of the steering geometry with lots of positive caster and at the extreme turning angle that much caster makes the tire want to "flop over" making the steering easier or slightly self steer more.
I don't find its a problem really, and certainly not in normal driving above like 3mph.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Maybe it is really just the steering geometry that I am not used to.

Back