Subaru Super Coolant... can I use Honda Type 2 to top off?

Long version:
We have a neighbor going through some trying times and she's currently out of the country dealing with family. We've keeping an eye on her apartment and her car for her. She's been away for a month and anticipates being away for at least another month if not longer.

She has '10 Forester that needs some love and attention. I don't think she's good about keeping it maintained and having it sit over the cold winter months won't do it any good. I took a look at it today ("Something new to tinker with!" my brain is telling me) and a quick lap around the neighborhood and I immediately started making a mental list of things it probably needs ASAP while fighting the urge to get too involved with it or spend any money on it. Sticker on the windshield says the oil change is months and thousands of miles overdue and it's not even touching the stick. Washer fluid is empty. Coolant overflow jug is empty (forgot to check the actual radiator).

I have two quarts of 5w30 MaxLife which should fix the immediate oil level problem and a jug of winter washer fluid so those two issues are more or less covered. I have some blue Honda Type 2 coolant leftover from an earlier project. From what I can tell, that appears to be real close to the blue Subaru Super Coolant they switched to in '09, but there are so many specs and details about coolant that I can't keep them straight. Any of the universal coolants out there for modern Asian cars seem to cover both. Can I reasonably assume that the two are 'similar enough' to use the Type 2 in her car that came with Super Coolant without worry?

Short version:
Will I hurt anything by topping off a newer Subaru that came with their blue Super Coolant with some blue Honda Type 2 that I already have on-hand since they appear to be very similar?

Long version:
We have a neighbor going through some trying times and she's currently out of the country dealing with family. We've keeping an eye on her apartment and her car for her. She's been away for a month and anticipates being away for at least another month if not longer.

She has '10 Forester that needs some love and attention. I don't think she's good about keeping it maintained and having it sit over the cold winter months won't do it any good. I took a look at it today ("Something new to tinker with!" my brain is telling me) and a quick lap around the neighborhood and I immediately started making a mental list of things it probably needs ASAP while fighting the urge to get too involved with it or spend any money on it. Sticker on the windshield says the oil change is months and thousands of miles overdue and it's not even touching the stick. Washer fluid is empty. Coolant overflow jug is empty (forgot to check the actual radiator).

I have two quarts of 5w30 MaxLife which should fix the immediate oil level problem and a jug of winter washer fluid so those two issues are more or less covered. I have some blue Honda Type 2 coolant leftover from an earlier project. From what I can tell, that appears to be real close to the blue Subaru Super Coolant they switched to in '09, but there are so many specs and details about coolant that I can't keep them straight. Any of the universal coolants out there for modern Asian cars seem to cover both. Can I reasonably assume that the two are 'similar enough' to use the Type 2 in her car that came with Super Coolant without worry?

Short version:
Will I hurt anything by topping off a newer Subaru that came with their blue Super Coolant with some blue Honda Type 2 that I already have on-hand since they appear to be very similar?
Don't know the answer but you deserve a commendation for your format. Giving an executive summary of a prolix statement is an interesting approach. More ought to adopt it. (y)

Don't know the answer but you deserve a commendation for your format. Giving an executive summary of a prolix statement is an interesting approach. More ought to adopt it. (y)
Thanks, I think. lol

I considered just editing out all the long first part just because it doesn't really matter in the end but I'm glad you enjoyed reading it!

Turns out it didn't need as much coolant as I assumed it would. The radiator was full and there was an inch or two at the bottom of the overflow jug that I couldn't see last night, so I just put in enough to bring the coolant level up between the lines. Good enough.

But the real concerning thing is I put in two quarts of oil and it's still not registering on the dipstick. Not good!

Back