Subaru and Kia repairs

Seems like a real d^ck move from a builder who's cars I actually enjoy working on.
Even back to the ole' two-stroke 360. Good times.
Buyer should ask for $2,000 refund. For 'theft of telematics access.'

This is all we need to know.

Makes me wonder, Trav with you being in Mass, is or how is this affecting you and are you worried about this affecting you in a negative way? Is there any positive side you can see with restricting the right-to-repair? It seems like this is just another restriction placed by manufactures/dealerships so they can get more money in, but that's just me looking from the outside.

This bill is like a bad penny, it is always popping up and it gets so far luckily gets defeated so no it has no affect but if it passed the independent shops (not so much me anymore as I am semi retired and doing other things) would not have access to the cars ecm and other data other than standard OBD II, in other words no access to factor fault codes. The customer will have to go to the dealer which is the whole point in this crap.

There is something about this business I do not understand (well I do and it pisses me off to no end) why is it when any bill these scumbag politicians want gets passed it is permanent but when it doesnt it is up time and time again for a vote till it does pass and is never heard about again.
Case in point, in NH there were smoking sections in bars and restaurants (this is not about smoking it is about a bill so please no one go there I do not smoke except for the occasional stogie but have nothing to against anyone who does, it is called freedom) they kept putting up a bill to stop it and it went down in flames every time until one time they waited till most of the people were on vacation had a quick session and passed it.
This bill once it passed passed is irrevocable. Politicians IMO are for the most part are the worlds biggest scumbags regardless of party or country, there may be a few exceptions but generally these self serving crooked swines make lawyers, doctors and big pharma look like kindergarten operators.
Sorry for the rant.

Front arm silentblocks are prone to failure on these vehicles. The most strained units are the silentblocks. Almost all types fail with time, with the front silentblocks suffering less frequently than the rear.

Even if it is passed, this would be a fight to the US supreme court.
Bills like this are often pushed to satisfy lobbyists and to please the voting base.

Also, don't say I did not warn you. A few years back I said here that Subaru is on par best days of KGB, and I know what I am talking about.

Front arm silentblocks are prone to failure on these vehicles. The most strained units are the silentblocks. Almost all types fail with time, with the front silentblocks suffering less frequently than the rear.
True, pre-2003 cars have suspension elements with a high margin of safety fitted, and they last much longer. I've starting to get the hang of mending these autos over time, lol. Click to learn more if you ever decide to create your own shop, lol. In general, these devices have shown to be dependable, therefore issues will be uncommon.

I worked on X'Ray equipment for 32 years and that was a top priority to keep other people out of the machine software. If you didn't know how to adjust the software you could injure somebody.

Back