Strut Spring Compressor

Been putting off buying one as I don't/didn't do a lot of struts & a shop close by was doing them for me at $10 per strut. They shut the doors prementely last week.

Bought a Branick 7600, Used a similar Branick one when I worked at a Cadillac dealer & liked it a lot.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

We had one at the last shop I was at, a bit time consuming to set up every time, but if you were working on the same stuff all the time it would be really fast as it's ready to go.

Nice one! I bought a similar floor press last year for changing out shocks on the 2003 Tacoma. Safety first. I need to use it again to rebuild the Fox shocks on my 2014 Tacoma. I have 80,000 miles on the Fox shocks and they need to be rebuilt before I put new meats on.

Such a nice tool. I've used the 7600 and the latest OTC Strut Tamer. I prefer the 7600, but apparently it can't handle some of the really big-spring coilovers used in new full size trucks and SUVs, where the Strut Tamer can.

Even so, if it were my choice, the 7600 would be it. Nice purchase.

Nice tool! I was actually looking for someone to help me compress and swap springs onto Bilsteins for me this week. A lot of the shops didn't want to do it. They'd rather install quick struts and get it over with.

Originally Posted by MrHorspwer
Such a nice tool. I've used the 7600 and the latest OTC Strut Tamer. I prefer the 7600, but apparently it can't handle some of the really big-spring coilovers used in new full size trucks and SUVs, where the Strut Tamer can.

Even so, if it were my choice, the 7600 would be it. Nice purchase.

Branick specifically states it can handle F-150 & GM pickup's & SUV's, But.....The OTC Strut Tamer II Extreme can handle 4000# while the 7600 claims 3000#. I guess I'll find out!!

Originally Posted by clinebarger

Branick specifically states it can handle F-150 & GM pickup's & SUV's, But.....The OTC Strut Tamer II Extreme can handle 4000# while the 7600 claims 3000#. I guess I'll find out!!

Probably because of the gear reduction box on the OTC.

Same one I have. I cannot put a price on safety and bought one as soon as I was finding myself doing a lot of struts. I try to push quick struts whenever possible but they still are not available for every model yet.

Back