Coil Spring Compressors - OTC vs. Branick

Does anyone have experience with the OTC 6637 or the Branick 7600? I want one for my house. The shop has a Branick 7400 so I am familiar with how those operate, and I have been generally happy with the adjustability of the Branick design. I am unfamiliar with the OTC's adjustment capabilities and some vehicles we have service have smaller coil springs (with fewer coils) and/or “cockeyed” springs.

Also, the advertising literature on the OTC suggests a 4,000 pound maximum spring compression capacity versus the Branick's 3,000 pound limit…not sure how relevant that will be for my needs.

Honest answer is you need both. I have the OTC and a buddy has both the 7400 and 7600 Branicks and we both occasionally run to each others shops with struts we cant compress.

I was told the OTC is the best (only?) way to do GMT900 springs. I want one for that reason alone, but they're not cheap.

Any progress here? I'm considering the OTC. I recently did springs on a '19 Ranger and it seemed like it might be near the limit of my (relatively ancient) Branick MST580A. I have no idea what the Ranger springs spec at. It didn't really feel unsafe, but I had to crank on it pretty good, so more like "maxed out."

I guess I could also consider a 7600 instead but that seems like more of a lateral move??

The four individual arms of the OTC look pretty versatile/adjustable?
20231201_215209.jpg

Back