Strange Foreign Objects Found in Tires

Needle nose pliers that was broken in half. Right through the center of the tread on a Boston street. Instant flat at low speed. In my Saturn. In my BMW at a good rate of speed, 10 miles west of Buffalo WY, a 5" long sheared steel rod with a nut on the end went right through the LR tire and lodged 1/2 way through the fender liner. Loud bang, instant TPMS light, thank goodness for the run flat sidewall that held up and the car kept straight until I coasted to a stop.

A broken license plate frame. I think I posted about this years ago 2002ish. I-5 Southbound north of Seattle.

Not so amazing that someasses' sharp pot metal frame popped my front left tire, it punctured the rear left as well. BOTH sidewall punctures. Getting dark, in the sticks.........wife and two little girls..........Thanksgiving Day. Towed to Les Schwab and stayed in motel. Had to buy a set of tires.........oh well distant memory now.

OH yeah I was in the fast lane and managed to control the car from 70mph to the right and get off the freeway.

#1.... a pair of tweezers
#2 the hanger end of a wire coat hanger..... beat up the paint around the wheel well before I could get stopped.

Driving my mom's 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 on our local county road. I saw, at the last second, a long black item lying in the lane just ahead. I swerved to avoid whatever it was, and drove over it instead.

Turns out it was a rubber bungee strap with steel hooks on the end. My driving over it flipped it around and the hook bit deep into the rear left tire and was whipping loudly on the wheel well. I stopped, got out and pulled it out.

Put on the tire pressure monitor and watched it slowly drop down to 0 in the short drive to the nearest service area/station. My brother and I got a plug kit, and brought my jack and tools to yank the tire and plug it on the spot. Mom ended up buying a new set of tires since these were getting worn.

My youngest son (new driver, first car) ran over a lug wrench in the highway, it stabbed the front right tire and then ripped into the floor where it lodged. This was in an 80's model Blazer. Thankful it was not the drivers side, would have taken his foot off.

Just the blade of a pocket knife.
The metal center section of a wiper blade.
Needle nose pliers.
Part of the shell of an alligator snappin' turtle.

Of course it damaged the quarter panel.

Attachments

• DDF7D598-DFD7-40CD-A38C-4AB2FF9A7CD8.jpeg
    DDF7D598-DFD7-40CD-A38C-4AB2FF9A7CD8.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 19
Back