STP MAXIMUM LIFE Filter At 6000 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a filter similar to that on my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it is a K&N. I have had good results with those. They didn't have the Fram Ultra @ Wally or I would have bought that one. I would try a better filter next time.

My GM says the K&N Gold is better than the Fram Ultra.
'Better' for some engines is less trapping. Ask GM tech wizards why they use Ecores instead of Ultras at the factory.
The very first thing the techie will say is that price was not involved in the decision.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Ask GM tech wizards why they use Ecores instead of Ultras at the factory.

You really think a center tube design makes or breaks the flow performance of an oil filter?

I had same problem before.
I would recommend trying an OEM one time, and see what it looks like when you remove it. I would bet it will not be distorted like that.
If it is OK, use OEMs, or find who makes the OEM, and use it if cheaper.
As someone said, it may be Hengst.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Why would anyone offer a pic of this filter, with a pukey-red background behind it?
Any filter, including Royal Purple, Mobil-1, Amsoil and Fram Ultra, would look like like crappola with that background behind it.

The waves in that long filter mean absolutely nothing. BTW. Unless it's torn media in there, there's no misrepresentation of it's quality level.

The filter is the issue not the red backround, how the mind wanders, what quality level? there is none that i can see.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back