STP = Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
Can you go find one post in his 40 page thread where any filter showed less passed material?

A great, super filter needs to exceed the competition, not just be about the same. The Classic is one more run of the mill filter. Not worthy of the worship that prevails here. I am buying American.

Originally Posted By: labman
Can you go find one post in his 40 page thread where any filter showed less passed material?

A great, super filter needs to exceed the competition, not just be about the same. The Classic is one more run of the mill filter. Not worthy of the worship that prevails here. I am buying American.

The Classic is top tier in it's class. You can't find a better constructed or performing filter for $3.50 IMO.

Buy what you want for whatever reasons you can justify ... it's your money. I highly doubt you'd by American if the only filter left that fit into your "buying criteria" was $10 and a piece of junk.
wink.gif

I bet your car has Chinese parts in it.
lol.gif

The Purolators that have the flat spiral looking spring have a metal-to-metal seal on the bypass valve (disk) I believe. Like photo below ...

Oh ya. No I don't have a photo handy, but the 3" diameter ones I use, and I believe most of their models on the shelf, have the coil spring and composite, or composite covered disk.

SuperBusa said:
The Classic is top tier in it's class.

Based on what? Internet buzz? Can you explain in what way an L 10193 is better than an SO3950? I don't see much difference.

Originally Posted By: labman
SuperBusa said:
The Classic is top tier in it's class.

Based on what? Internet buzz? Can you explain in what way an L 10193 is better than an SO3950? I don't see much difference.

They don't make the SO3950 non-Ecore STP anymore ... you might find 2+ year old ones on the self with dust on them though. Otherwise, it seems to be a decent filter when they use to make them like Purolator.
wink.gif

If you call a flap of nitrile rubber a reliable "bypass" yes, they will likely migrate this model to Ecores.

From Champ's Ecore FAQ page:
"Are all your filters being changed to this design?
The 11 most popular filter designs have been redesigned into the Ecore construction. Additional filter configurations will migrate to this configuration over time. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back