storm/screen doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Hello,

we want to get nicer storm/screen doors for all our doors. A "full view" glass door on the front, and one that has the sliding glass/screen for the other two.

Especially for the front, we will be going with 'HIGHLINE' items from HD/Lowes. The lower-end ones either look cheap or have something we don't like.

In reality we are looking at Larson, Andersen and Pella. Is one better than another? If so, why? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

STAY FAR & AWAY from Anderson doors, my screen door is utter junk & we did get one of their better screen doors not their lower end ones.
My reason for NOT recommending them, let's see when our door handle started to discolor and the "gold" color began to peel I called the customer service line to see what could be done about this as the door was their "LIFETIME" ones. Well the person on the phone said that the discoloring/peeling is NOT covered only if it is broken?!?!?!?
I told him I thought the "LIFETIME" warr. would/should cover this, he said no and nothing could be done about it. I'm mad, heated about how much I paid for this door and after only 1 year this happens! So now I tell him fine the handle is broken. he tells me nice try you already told me that it is discolored/peeling and that voids the broken door handle coverage. So now I'm at the melting point.
mad.gif
Then the guy on the line tells me also that if I try to call back to get someone else to take care of this problem it will not work as he is documenting the handle first having discolor/peeling problem, broken no longer covered. I then tell him I WILL NOT EVER BUY OR REC.ANDERSON anything as this cust. treatment is horrible, he then tells me that is fine and have a nice day?!?!?
Oh BTW where the strut goes into the door ripped from the door and as a temp. fix I had to Gorilla glue it back on!! All around ANDERSON DOORS is a VERY BAD company to buy/deal with. Go with Pella even Larson, are much better companies. In these times companies who do business Anderson's way WILL be gone for good & myself will not shed one tear.
Now that felt good to get off my chest!
wink.gif

wow!

We felt that larson had a better quality feel than Pella (though I hear so much about pella). The anderson 4000 series also seemed to have a good feel, but wow!

Thanks!

We went with a Larson screen door from Menard's about a year ago. One with the drop down storm window/roll-up screen. Don't recall the model/name of it.

We're very satisfied with it. We looked everywhere, thought this was the best value for the money.

I bought one level over economy from Home depot for my one rental house.

The door is a piece of garbage. Its a screen door.

Spend more than 89 dollars guys, if you are putting it on your real house..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back