Stihl curved shaft lube, and difficulty in use

A lot of Stihl’s newer stuff is trash. Especially compared to their older stuff. Totally agree on their 1980s business model as well. Good luck greasing that flexy cable.

I am currently restoring a FS-55 and it is not a bad machine overall, shortly after though they have become cheaper built. They are still good enough, and still better than all the cheap throwaway stuff.

Now.....onto cost cutting. Sometimes the cost cutting is for weight reduction (among other things). I have an old Husqvarna 225R and it is built like a battleship and was made in sweden. It is very heavy. The newer replacement was a 323R and it feels cheap and crappy but was still made in sweden. It is WAY more ergonomic to use and superior in power. I like using it way more. The new 2022 model year version is even lighter and even more powerful but im afraid its lifespan is going to be much less.

I am currently restoring a FS-55 and it is not a bad machine overall, shortly after though they have become cheaper built. They are still good enough, and still better than all the cheap throwaway stuff.

Now.....onto cost cutting. Sometimes the cost cutting is for weight reduction (among other things). I have an old Husqvarna 225R and it is built like a battleship and was made in sweden. It is very heavy. The newer replacement was a 323R and it feels cheap and crappy but was still made in sweden. It is WAY more ergonomic to use and superior in power. I like using it way more. The new 2022 model year version is even lighter and even more powerful but im afraid its lifespan is going to be much less.
I use the 323’s predecessor the 223 in my lawn business and I think it’s the greatest trimmer ever made. So light and strong! I buy 223s every time I see one for sale so I’ll never have to be without one.

Yes 223 is the same basic chassis as the 323 brushcutter I use except mine has handlebars. To each their own but I do like the handlebars.

Back