Stick with NPG+ or switch back to OEM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 3 months ago I had my mechanic swap out the coolat on my 2001 BMW 325i to Evans NPG+. I believe the car still had the original BMW OEM coolant. When they did the swap I am not sure if they got all of the old coolant out before they put the new stuff in. I have looked into coolant analysis, but I dont have anybody local that will do it and even if I send off to get one the test is pretty expensive. My question is: Should I stick with the NPG+ or switch back to the OEM? If I switch back, what would be the best procedure to make sure that I got all of the NPG+ out of the system?

Thanks in Adavance

Quote:

I think you need to find something else to keep you awake at night.

Thanks for that, but You really dont need to waste yours or anyone elses time by posting things like that. Do you even know what NPG+ is and what can happen if you dont get everything flushed out of the cooling system before you switch to it?

Re: Stick with NPG+ or switch back to OEM?

Evans could test it for you. They did for me. Mine had too much water. They did not charge me, that was 5 yrs ago ish.

I am not running it any more, my heater did not work well with it. I am running the Amsoil antifreeze now. But I do like the benefits of evans just did not work in my car.........

Quote:

Just noticed where you live, cold. Maybe Evans is not the best for real cold areas?

It does seem to take my engine longer to get up to temp. It very well could be that this coolant does not perform as well in cold areas. Maybe I will do a thorough flush of all of the NPG+ and fill it with either OEM coolant or Amsoil coolant if its compatible.

I would have it tested be evans. Call them and tell them what is going on. They seem very helpful when I talked to them. They can test for too much water.

If OK I would run it and see how it does in the colder weather. Like I said they did not charge to test mine. I would test it otherwise you could be throwing out good Evans. Don't you want to give it a chance?
dunno.gif

Just because it did not work for me does not mean it won't for you.......

why do you belive that there is too much water in it??

If it does have too much water...try running with the cap off the radiator ...or drill a small hoe in the cap and put it back on ...the water should steam its' way out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back