Stellantis brands Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler and others are skipping Chicago Auto Show

As far as I´m concerned, Auto shows are for them to show exotic concepts that NEVER make it to the Dealership, regulations, etc.....

...and looking at Stellantis, the only thing I see worth noting is the Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler, etc.,

...and as for a power plant, the hemi is gone, yet I look at the GM Colorado power plant, yup Stellantis is behind.
...and what about the rolling coal crowd? They are mostly rocking Ram trucks..... they are SOL.

As far as I´m concerned, Auto shows are for them to show exotic concepts that NEVER make it to the Dealership, regulations, etc.....

...and looking at Stellantis, the only thing I see worth noting is the Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler, etc.,

...and as for a power plant, the hemi is gone, yet I look at the GM Colorado power plant, yup Stellantis is behind.
...and what about the rolling coal crowd? They are mostly rocking Ram trucks..... they are SOL.
I love my Jeep - but if shopping tomorrow - I’d have to talk myself out of the Colly ZR2 and settle for the 2.7L Trail Boss 👍

I love my Jeep - but if shopping tomorrow - I’d have to talk myself out of the Colly ZR2 and settle for the 2.7L Trail Boss 👍

I really like that 2.7 as well. The only criticism I've seen of this colorado and the 2.7 is that it doesn't seem to do well in offroad with 4x4 high. Something to do with when the torque comes in, I saw a review where they said they found themselves hitting 4 low far more often than in the previous truck (or other mid sizers) to make up for the low torque off the line.

Which is interesting because it makes so much more torque than any other midsizer at 430 lb/ft, but I guess timing/tuning is everything.

Truck King did the review I'm thinking of, they compared it to the new Taco which makes much less peak torque but feels stronger off the line despite that.

Really too bad GM didn't do a next gen 2.8 diesel for the mid sizers. I was hoping for one.

I really like that 2.7 as well. The only criticism I've seen of this colorado and the 2.7 is that it doesn't seem to do well in offroad with 4x4 high. Something to do with when the torque comes in, I saw a review where they said they found themselves hitting 4 low far more often than in the previous truck (or other mid sizers) to make up for the low torque off the line.

Which is interesting because it makes so much more torque than any other midsizer at 430 lb/ft, but I guess timing/tuning is everything.

Truck King did the review I'm thinking of, they compared it to the new Taco which makes much less peak torque but feels stronger off the line despite that.

Really too bad GM didn't do a next gen 2.8 diesel for the mid sizers. I was hoping for one.
Wonder what axle ratio - my 3.6L is a wimp for torque but the 4.10 Dana’s makes it do alright in 4Hi (deep sand) …

I believe it only comes with a 3.42.
That’s the problem …
On the flip side - my 4:1 transfer case is ridiculous if you are not a rock crawler and that’s what it takes to lock axles …
(not using any black boxes) …

Unfortunately Stellantis isn't doing that well at all these days. Their prime American brands (Ram/Jeep) have cratering sales. Dark days ahead for all mopar fans.
This is the end result of Euro-management that does not understand the US market.
The promise from Obama when ChryCo was handed over to Fiat was that we’d get high mpg cars from them. So what happened?
FIAT sales = big zero repeat of 70’s no real surprise
Dodge Dart = needed more development, dropped prematurely
Chrysler 200 = same
Discontinued Dodge Caravan = idiots
Discontinue Hemi = idiots
In-line 6 in Charger = idiots
No new Chrysler product since Pacifica
What do you expect?
You can only sell so many Jeeps & Rams…

Not associating with one of the highest crime cities around, in an old school form of advertising, seems like a good idea to me. A quick google search shows plummeting attendance at it anyway.
Ask people who are my age if they care about a car show, and 99.9% will tell you no.

Their prime American brands (Ram/Jeep) have cratering sales.
...What is a Ford Bronco? I have not seen Jeep even address the competition.... which is eating their sales. Thankfully for Jeep, Ford is on a preorder basis..

...What is a Ford Bronco? I have not seen Jeep even address the competition.... which is eating their sales. Thankfully for Jeep, Ford is on a preorder basis..

From what I've seen the Bronco is better on road while the Wrangler is still better off road. Wrangler still has the highest resale value (even over Toyota) so the Wrangler is not the biggest issue. The Grand Cherokee is also pretty good, those 2 products are doing OK. The (grand) wagoneer is way too expensive for everybody and everything else needs a refresh/delete.

Must not have anything to show off.
They really don’t….the Hornet is really an overpriced entry into a segment that is saturated.
Unfortunately Stellantis isn't doing that well at all these days. Their prime American brands (Ram/Jeep) have cratering sales. Dark days ahead for all mopar fans.
Yep. With the death of the LX platform they have nothing to offer except trucks and Jeeps.

From what I've seen the Bronco is better on road while the Wrangler is still better off road. Wrangler still has the highest resale value (even over Toyota) so the Wrangler is not the biggest issue.
Well, Jeep saved American Motors, then Chrysler. Possibly Fiat is just too big a bite for even Jeep to swallow :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The Houston Auto Show is in decline. It used to pack out the huge NRG center, but it is losing participants. I noticed a year or two ago vehicles and displays were more spread out to fill space. Now, I supposed more have pulled out so instead of having an empty area its combined with a boat show.

Click and you will see it self described as an "Autoboative" show.

The Houston Auto Show is in decline. It used to pack out the huge NRG center, but it is losing participants. I noticed a year or two ago vehicles and displays were more spread out to fill space. Now, I supposed more have pulled out so instead of having an empty area its combined with a boat show.

Click and you will see it self described as an "Autoboative" show.

If they were to include motorcycles, ATVs, RVs, and a chess tournament, they could draw a lot more people 😁

I was told that the cost of setup and tear down at the show has become prohibitive. One rule is that no vendor is even allowed to plug a drop cord in, instead they have to hire a union electrician to plug or unplug a drop cord. The list of silliness went on and on.
While that may be a contributing factor for this specific show, it's more because pretty much ALL trade shows are dying. Even CES in Vegas is a shell of its former self. The pandemic accelerated the trend but it started in the early 2000s. The internet and YouTube have obviated most of the need to gather the press in one spot. It's just a self-congratulatory way to spend money for these big corporations.

While that may be a contributing factor for this specific show, it's more because pretty much ALL trade shows are dying. Even CES in Vegas is a shell of its former self. The pandemic accelerated the trend but it started in the early 2000s. The internet and YouTube have obviated most of the need to gather the press in one spot. It's just a self-congratulatory way to spend money for these big corporations.
Yes, I remember stupid Yoootoooobers begging for press passes to SHOTSHOW. Circa 2011

When I was a kid I attended the "New York Rod and Custom Car Shows". There the stars were fiberglass, paint finishes, chrome shops and more.
Anyone remember the "American Standard Bathroom Car"? It was so stupid it was funny.

The look was very cool. 'Twas later I went to the 'regular' Auto Shows.
I have a vague recollection of the term, "Dealer Announcement Shows".

I liked the custom work presentations. Now that the pandemo has waned, I'd like to make a trip to a regional "Street Rod" show.

Street rods are cool.

Back