Steak Knife Recommendation

I would have thought that, but then we ended up with a half-dozen straight-edged (i.e. like a normal knife) steak knives as wedding presents, and I prefer them.

These knives are the ones we got. I suppose they might not be awesome relative to serrated ones if you're eating tough steaks, but they're great on non-leathery ones. Plus they can be resharpened and made as good as new at home.
Nice set. My bride and I have been using a set for over 12 years now from Chicago Cutlery...they have very fine serrations and still work great!

I do keep very good care of my straight blade knives as well, but I can't imagine using them for cooked meat. Yes, they work great for raw meat, but I just never thought of using them for cooked. It must be a mental paradigm of mine.

I would have thought that, but then we ended up with a half-dozen straight-edged (i.e. like a normal knife) steak knives as wedding presents, and I prefer them.

These knives are the ones we got. I suppose they might not be awesome relative to serrated ones if you're eating tough steaks, but they're great on non-leathery ones. Plus they can be resharpened and made as good as new at home.
I got that exact set, except I got the 6 piece. Great knives

I got that exact set, except I got the 6 piece. Great knives
Ours were actually part of a larger set - I don't think they make it anymore. It had a chef's knife, a slicing knife, a utility knife, a paring knife, a steel, a pair of shears and six steak knives. Definitely Wusthof Gourmet, but not a set I can find anymore. (it's been 15 years...)

Many people go with serrated blades when buying steak knives. While they are good for cutting tough meat they tear up soft meat when a straight edge blade would be more appropriate. You'll have to sharpen the straight blade more frequently.
Yes! Wife and I have our own individual Forge de Laguiole knives. Do NOT confuse with Laguiole knives that look similar, not even remotely related, or the same quality.

Back