Starting to get impatient!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of WONDERFUL threads on oil mixing in the OIL forum without us refighting this battle one more time in MY THREAD! Hint..Hint..
wink.gif

rb, I drive at least 5-600 miles per week. I certainly hope I can get this stuff out earlier. Go back over earlier posts of mine and you can see what all I have done.

quote:

Originally posted by dmatulion:
After mixing up your new oil concoction do you send it off to the lab to see what you have or do you know more then the chemists at the major petroleum companies? By the way you can find many posts on the net that don't recommend mixing oils!

Word of advice. Read threads before commenting. Make logical comments when you do.
rolleyes.gif
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by dmatulion:
My APOLOGIES! Based on the picture of your engine I would say your chemistry experiment FAILED!!!

Best just to leave it alone and just use the car. You will take at least 70,000 miles to get that stuff out at least and then again it may never go away.

Daily Drives:
-2003 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner,2.7 liter, 4 cylinder, Mobil1 5w30 ODO 29300
-1995 Toyota 4-Runner,3.0 liter,6 cylinder, Mobil1 5w40 tsuv ODO 106500
http://community.webshots.com/user/amkeer

You know what's so funny about all the "It'll take 1 billion miles to clean that stuff out" postings? When I first posted pics of this very same car, everyone told me there was nothing there, just a little varnish.

I'm not going to just leave it alone as these engines have a documented history of going south if not cleaned. I may take it to one of the pressure flush machines if I can't get it clean myself.

Don't worry about the mileage. Just make sure the engine is getting cleaner and not nastier. The process will naturally clean the most important parts first.

Has your Redline oil turned black yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back