Started at John Deere today

Just be careful if you are working with someone, or even by yourself, if a combine was bolted onto a factory floor there would be all sorts of lock out/tag out stuff all over it, for doing maintenance... Farmers just have to be careful!

I may have almost baled my buddy one day, we had unclogged the round baler pickup and I went back up onto tractor, and saw him start walking back to the truck, but he noticed that the twine feeder had some extra flopping around so he went back to the front of the baler, and I had my foot over the forward pedal, and was about to hit the pto button but fortunately I looked back... Probably he would've been clear of everything, if I started the baler, probably....
But it sure makes me think now, and that's as close a call as I want to have.

Correct, this is not a union dealer. I'm sure if I was working for JD corporate, it would be different.

Well you implied that you "went to work for John Deere", as in at a plant somewhere. It's ok. Most people today refer to new car dealers as "Toyota", "Chevy", "Ford", as if the manufacturer owns the dealership and has control over their service/etc.

Lots of people can't discern an independent, franchised dealer from a manufacturer, but that's ok....

A dealer is a retail operation for the most part, I don't know why someone would think they have union labor.

Same folks own JD dealerships for miles in all directions - have both the JD and Case yards here …
CAT here were dabbing in the tractors for a while - but they can barely keep up with the core business of construction …

My buddy has a very huge John Deere combine and one time it broke while they were taking in the crops. They sent a couple guys out and they literally worked part of a day and all night and scrambled to get that new combine working again. I know if you are on the repair end sometimes those guys work very long hours and are almost like a doctor on an emergency call.

Back