Starfire Solarus A/S - Toyota Avalon

Hi everyone,
I need to replace the two front tires on my 2001 Avalon and I want something inexpensive as I will be replacing all four in a few months. I need a something to simply hold us over.....
The tire size is 205/60/16. I have done some research and I came upon the Starfire tires. Does anyone have experience with these tires? If so, what do you think of them?

Thank you,
Zack

That makes no sense.. why would you buy 6 tires?
if you cant afford 4 now buy 2 of the ones early then the other 2 later?

That size is fairly inexpensive? 6 months same as cash at discount tire...
are you buying new wheels in the future???
Help us understand.

Starfire are economy tires made by cooper.. so average at best but not no name chinese tires certainly.

I have them on the front of my Camry. Had a bad leak 40 miles from home and the tire store had them in stock. They're ok. After 30k or 40k miles they're ready for replacement. My tires are very loud but it could be the Solarus in the front or it could be the Kuhmos on the rear axle. Not the best tires I've ever had but they're not expensive.

That makes no sense.. why would you buy 6 tires?
if you cant afford 4 now buy 2 of the ones early then the other 2 later?

That size is fairly inexpensive? 6 months same as cash at discount tire...
are you buying new wheels in the future???
Help us understand.

Starfire are economy tires made by cooper.. so average at best but not no name chinese tires certainly.
I want to wait until Costco has their sale with mounting and balancing in the autumn for all four tires. With that said the Avalon is a great road trip car that gets excellent MPG's and I want to use it this summer for that purpose. Something is amiss with the front end as it ate the inner edge of the two front tires. The shop currently has the car to determine what is going on with the front end and I just want to throw two tires on for a few months. I will keep the the Starfire as a spare when I buy all for new.

Costco currently has bridgestone and firestone on sale? To each their own.. but buying 6 tires still sounds more expensive to me. :unsure:

I ran Starfire's on my Civic for a while in 205/55R16. Had no complaints, they rode great and still had a fair amount of tread around 35k miles when I swapped wheels.

Can't really commenting road noise because the Civi has a good bit of road noise no matter what I run on it.

On my 06 Accord starfire 205-60-16.No noise,price right,tread wear good. wet performance good.Using snow tires,no idea how it is on winter.

The Starfire Solarus is made by Cooper in the US, so it is probably an ok tire. That being said, it may be less expensive to simply buy 2 used tires of the same make and model of the 2 remaining tires.

Hi everyone,
I need to replace the two front tires on my 2001 Avalon and I want something inexpensive as I will be replacing all four in a few months. I need a something to simply hold us over.....
The tire size is 205/60/16. I have done some research and I came upon the Starfire tires. Does anyone have experience with these tires? If so, what do you think of them?

Thank you,
Zack
Why not just replace all 4 now?

I've got the "AP" version of this tire in 265/70-17 flavor on my Ram 1500 pickup. Excellent tire for the ~$100/ea I got them on sale for through the wally online.

Back