stainless steel Dishwasher interiors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found 50 lb bags of STPP locally for $75. And have someone to go in on it. A couple more partners and I'll be doing some experimenting.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Not so great, not so bad city water. You should be fine with a softener.

Now, being single, I just have to use enough common sense to avoid something big enough for a restaurant, yet not to buy something that's going to be junk in six months.
wink.gif

We have a Samsung dishwasher with a SS interior that we've had for a few years now. No deposits inside at all. Our neighborhood is on a community well system; no idea how "hard" or "soft" the water is.

I wouldn't buy a SS interior based on deposits (or not). I do understand that they're quieter than models with plastic interiors. It makes sense to some degree. I do know that our Samsung is nearly silent. I'm sure SteveSRT8 can attest to how quiet these Samsungs are.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I do understand that they're quieter than models with plastic interiors.

I think that totally depends on a specific model. We have an SS Ariston, and it's pretty loud. It's actually louder than a cheap GE with plastic interior we have at our other place.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Amazon sells something called "Bubble Bandit" that claims to have 8.7% Phosphate content. Never tried it myself.

I've seen this. They can get around the laws banning phosphate in detergents by claiming that it's for commercial use. I haven't used it either.

Up until this past spring, Cascade made a commercial version that still contained the original amount of phosphate. Sadly, they discontinued that, but not before I picked up a case of six boxes. I've found one box lasts me about six months, so I'm good to go for a while.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440

I've seen this. They can get around the laws banning phosphate in detergents by claiming that it's for commercial use. I haven't used it either.

Up until this past spring, Cascade made a commercial version that still contained the original amount of phosphate. Sadly, they discontinued that, but not before I picked up a case of six boxes. I've found one box lasts me about six months, so I'm good to go for a while.
I was buying the commercial Cascade. I didn't stock up since there was no reason for them to change the formula since commercial use isn't banned anywhere. Not a smart move on my part.

BTW, most states didn't ban phosphates in dishwashing detergents. But it seems we all got lumped in.

That's correct. And I too was assuming that Cascade would keep selling the phosphated commercial version. Oops.

Originally Posted By: hatt
I was buying the commercial Cascade. I didn't stock up since there was no reason for them to change the formula since commercial use isn't banned anywhere. Not a smart move on my part.

BTW, most states didn't ban phosphates in dishwashing detergents. But it seems we all got lumped in.

Interesting. If it is the same thing they have it here for $65 shipped. Does GFS have it is the key.

Last edited:
If it's rust stains you get then some Iron Out would get rid of it. Don't think the actual normal hard water deposits would be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back