St. Louis area - need input please

Status
Not open for further replies.
John_Conrad,

The DA will give the school districts a 24 hour notice before they release the grand jury decision so people wont be caught off guard and can stay home.

Looting, arson, rioting, stealing, disobedience and sinning with not be tolerated just because some are unhappy.

I live in Fenton. Have all my life. I'm 56. Ever watch Little House on the Prairie? Fenton is Walnut Grove and Ferguson is Chicago, IL.

This whole situation is all blown out of proportion on a national scale. Remember, "news" is a packaged product, and they want RATINGS not truth. Sex and violence sell.

My opinion is that Fenton is as affected by Ferguson about as much as we are affected by Kim Kardashian's butt. Those who want to pay attention will. The rest of us have lives to live.

I will be going to work whatever day the verdict, or decision, is released by the grand ury. I'm sorry that Micheal Brown is dead, but I have told my son; if you want to wrestle a cop for his gun, bad things are going to happen, and it really doesn't matter how old or what color you are.

Enjoy your stay. Gravois Bluffs has a new store; the largest Gander Mountain in the state. And breakfast at IHOP is 12 on a scale of 10.

I want to thank all who gave reasonable, seasoned advice. Especially those who live in/around Fenton.

My presumption was that due to distance, Fenton might as well be a world away from Ferguson. Not unlike some areas here in Indy; we have "towns" within our "city" and they can be worlds apart even just down the street.

Yes - CCW is the mantra of my trips. But I do believe that avoidance is the best policy, if possible. Just passing through on that weekend, so risk is low to begin with.

Appreciate the input and keeping it out of the RSP realm.

Have a good day, all.

You should be fine in Fenton. St. Louis does have a little bit of a reputation as a dangerous city, I think mostly on the east side. I conceal carry anytime I go up there.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back