Spotify to garage reciever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at how i can run Spotify from my home computer to my 2ch reciever in my garage, is their a wireless adapter that i can run off my wifi that wiil plug in? not computer savy and any help would be appreciated.
cheers3.gif

Something like this should do it:
https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Simultaneously/dp/B01EHSX28M/ref=sr_1_7?crid=TERJ04YNCCNY&keywords=wireless+audio+transmitter+and+receiver&qid=1582833517&sprefix=wireless+audio+t%2Caps%2C156&sr=8-7

Chromecast Audio?

It's been discontinued, but you may be able to find a used one on CL, FB Marketplace, or ebay. Then you can just cast Spotify stream from your phone to it.

Or does it have to be from the computer?

Hmmm, I'd look for a Bluetooth option. Does your computer support BT ? If so, a "receiver" at the stereo receiver should do it. Maybe something like this ? Locate it at your stereo, connect it using one of the outputs it uses into your stereo, switch to that input, and you should be "streaming".

Just use an old (Android) cell phone. No service needed,but should have a "relatively" recent operating system. The old cell phone should have an earphone jack. Plug in an adapter cable, earphone jack to whatever your receiver input is (RCA?) and your done. Old cell phone connects to your WiFi, install Spotify, tune to "Classic Rock Workout" and enjoy!

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Hmmm, I'd look for a Bluetooth option. Does your computer support BT ? If so, a "receiver" at the stereo receiver should do it. Maybe something like this ? Locate it at your stereo, connect it using one of the outputs it uses into your stereo, switch to that input, and you should be "streaming".

I guess we'd need to know how far his computer is located from his garage receiver. BT doesn't have a lot of range.

Originally Posted by Imp4
Do it by smart phone.

I'm thinking he doesn't own one. Otherwise, he would have just plugged it into the receiver.

Just go to the flea market and get an old Android smartphone for $10.00. Just make sure it has Google Play Store access. Everything else is free. Bluetooth should be good to at least 30 feet, and your wifi signal will go way beyond 25 feet.

Originally Posted by JohnG
Just go to the flea market and get an old Android smartphone for $10.00. Just make sure it has Google Play Store access.

This. I am honestly considering putting "go get a $50 used phone (I am in Canada. Everything is more expensive.)" alongside "duct tape", "twist ties" and "hammer" on my go-to list of Things That Will Very Likely Solve This Problem.

Do you use free Spotify or Premium?

Premium allows you to have wifi connected devices like you describe using a variety of methods without complex schemes.

I know this isn't what you have, but something to consider is Yamaha MusicCast speakers. They are awesome for streaming either bluetooth or over WIFI.

I know this isn't what you have, but something to consider is Yamaha MusicCast speakers. They are awesome for streaming either bluetooth or over WIFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back