spoke with a Schaeffer's rep yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to extend the warranty as much as possible. Its mostly my weekend truck, so I'm trying put no more than 5K miles a year on it.

I've got 89K miles, with 11K miles left on the warranty.

I would like to try Schaeffers, but there is a local company that produces oil for our Fire Dept. Baton Rouge Industries. Its supposed to be some great oil.

Link - http://www.batonrougeindustries.com/images/9 L-605P.pdf

I would like to get an oil that I would only have to change once a year as well. But then, I drop over 140,000 miles a year on my Cummins, so I doubt that one is available. Sorry, just had a goofy mind moment.

I was using Amsoil AME in my Cummins ISX, but the wear numbers were not that good. Even running bypass, I couldn't tweak out much in the way of extended OCI's. Numbers, especially Iron, Copper, and Lead would climb too much after 30K miles. I switched to Schaeffer 7000 and the wear numbers are much better and the oil is holding up longer. The wear numbers only climb gradual through the interval and haven't approached the spikes I was getting with Amsoil. I also got a slight boost in mpgs. Seemed a little strange that a Group III blend would show better performance than a Group IV oil, but it has. I am not a chemical engineer, just someone running a trucking business. The UOA's have been better with Schaeffer. And considering I can get a barrel of Schaeffer 7000 for about $300 less than Amsoil AME, and get it with free shipping and a few oil sample kits thrown in, it wasn't a contest.

Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
7000 is PAO(GRPIV)/GRPII blend.
9000 is PAO(GRPIV)/GRPIII blend.

G II Plus and Pao for the 700 series.

Rob

Any decent oil will do great in your engine for 5k or 12 months, unless---unless you have lots of idling or many short, cool runs. If just about all your engine operation is long enough to get the engine fully warmed, no worries. If you have lots of idling or many short, cool runs, you got'a change the oil more frequently than just the mileage would require.

How many years on that warranty, not just how many miles? When does it expire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back