Soyshield or Opti Lube XPD?`

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering which would be best for our pre-'07 diesels running ULSD.
54.gif

I keep hearing reports of injector pump failures on earlier engines running ULSD.
27.gif

you ca also consider 2-cycle oil, Lucas, FP and FP3000, etc.

I like to keep a rotation.

Opti lube is top 3 and cheap. I personally use 2 cycle oil cause I haven't bought opti lube yet.

For warm weather, I use any TC-W3 rated 2-stroke that specifically says it is ashless. I mix it by noting how many gallons and subtract 1 for the amount of oil to add. If I get 12 gal., I'll add 11 oz. of 2-stroke. In fall/winter I like Howe's Diesel Treat. I use the ratio on the bottle. If no Howe's, then FPPF white bottle.

back when I had a diesel.... I mainly used Power Service stuff. When ULSD was mandated last Nov., they did reformulate their products with more lubricity additives.

Soysheild is good because it's pretty much biodiesel...and you know how good lubricity is with biodiesel.

Stanadyne One-Shot All-Season Formula is the additive of choice for VW & Audi diesels.

Last edited:
RWEST:

Here is a product to try. I've been pouring it into my 01 F250 PSD for 3yrs. I use 12oz per 30gal. After about the 4th tank, I could honestly feel & hear a difference. The 7.3L seemed to slowly get more responsive and the injectors quieted down as well. Which as stated above any form of biodiesel will clean and lubricate better then most if not all.

All the additives listed above are good products. I have tryed all of them except the Soyshield.

http://www.soyclean.biz/household_products/diesel-fuel-additive.html

The Gal Jug is Called SoyPower.

Like I said I only use 12oz per 30gal. Sometimes when going on a long trip, I will add 24oz per 30gal. Just for that little extra, just in case I come across some old diesel at a fuel stop.

My father and grandfather have even taken my word for it, and have started using it in the farm equiptment.

This is just my personal experience with this product. Nothing but a good one. Give it a look see.

That's strange LCD does not offer a specific diesel FP no more.
according to their online order form. Only the FP60 is said to be for gas or diesel, but it's not the new plus formula. Very Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back