Archoil AR6400-D Max - Thoughts or Experiences?

I recently decided to buy a bottle of AR6400D Max from Archoil. I have recently bought a 1.6 I-Dtec Honda. It's a cracking little car with a very quiet and extremely efficient diesel engine in it.

I thought I'd "treat" it to a bottle of injector cleaning called Archoil AR6400-D Max.

Reviews, as always with these things, are very positive. However, I often do agree these are placebo.

The fluid contains 2-EHN which is a scientifically proven cetane booster, so perhaps the improvement people think they feel from this stuff is just the fact that 2-EHN makes the fuel burn a little better just while this is in the tank?

Do these things ever actually have ability to clean injectors as they claim? Are they just a bottle of the additives that are added to "Premium" fuels at a higher concentration perhaps?

Archoil use little graphs that show improvements etc, this one sounds potentially good. It was tested on the standard DW10 "injector cleanliness cycle" test and showed improvements according to their graphs.

AR6400-D-max-engine-clean-up.jpg

Any thoughts & experiences would be interesting to hear about. 😀

Archoil.jpg

I don't think this specific product is available in the US so you may struggle to get opinions. Our diesel is also far superior than that sold in the US.

I've been using it in our diesels for a good number of years now. I've personally not noticed much of an improvement, if any in any of the vehicles. However, it gives me the warm and fuzzies when I run it. I like to think it helps prevent issues further down the road.

The science sort-of checks out as much as I can tell. It contains an ester base which will help keep rubber and plastic components 'fed' and supple, it will also assist with lubrication, corrosion protection and cleaning. It contains ferrocene which reduces the temperature in which ignition starts in both the fuel and the soot left behind which aids cleaning and DPF regens. And it also contains 2EHN which should improve performance.

My Wife's daily is a 2017 Dacia Logan MCV with the 90bhp 1.5DCi. That has 110k on the clock and we haven't had any emissions or fuel system issues and it still runs like the day it fell out of the factory.

I also like Mannol Ester Diesel.

Back