"Sopus" Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tackleberry625
Originally Posted By: Mannix
G = Grahm Packaging

Ok so the letter means the bottle manufacturer? Not the company that actually bottled the oil? Right?

I think it's safe to say the Graham didn't make the oil, but to answer your question more directly...

Probably, but it could be both. Sometimes a company will sub out canning and bottling operations.

Sometimes they ship empty containers to the fluid manufacturer, sometimes they build an operate a bottle manufacturing facility co-located with the fluid manufacturer.

There are also more combinations of container/goods manufacturing.

I don't think there would be any problem getting a bottle manufacturer to mold your companies code.

thumbsup2.gif
Thanks

Originally Posted By: Johnny

Pennzoil uses Group II+ base stocks and an Inifenium additive package.
QS and Formula Shell use Group II base stocks and a Lubrizoil additive package.

Interesting! Why is QS using only a group II product?

The molding logo on the bottom of the bottle belongs to either the contract packager of the blended oil or the supplier of the molded bottles. It may or may not be traced to the blender of the motor oil.

The "box G" of Graham is very common, along with the "triple C" of Consolidated Container Corp. "Plastipak" is a supplier of gallon containers.

Graham provides containers for some of the following brands: Link to Graham Webpage

The "WPP" logo of Warren Performance Products on the bottom of Walmart SuperTech oil is a rather unique situation as Warren has invested in the molds and blow molding equipment to manufacture containers in-house to cut operating costs.

Blue99: Do you have any info on the recent change on supertech oils from WPP to WNE? I assume it's still Warren Performance, but the letters and shape of Supertech dino have changed recently in my part of the world.

At the same time, i've also noticed at my local PepBoys that they have changed their proline oil from the SOPUS products to identical bottles that Supertech comes in with the same "WNE" stamped on the bottom.

The "WNE" in both Walmart and PepBoys only seem to appear on single quarts. In both cases, larger 4 or 5 qt jugs still have the WPP with the circle around it.

At any rate, the newer "WNE" bottles appear less thick than the older "WPP" bottles which is a step down in my opinion. I know packaging only counts for so much, but i like a quart i dont have to hold carefully to keep from crushing it, and i'm not a big person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back