Songs that you simply never liked? Or can't stand.

It's hit new lows.

And I think "Unpretty" off album "Fanmail" was their worst.. sounds like Beyonce song If I were a boy which I don't understand.

Oh yeah.. Beyonce songs (she cant really sing, it just kind of sounds like she can, sounds like she's screaming most the time.)
TLC slander :confused:
Waterfalls had meaning
I can usually age someone with precision if they can tell me what 3 letters took him to his final resting place :(

... but all he can say is "baby is good to me."

They were referencing H.I.V./Aids in that song. ☹
...it was 1994 (just a little before me)
They didn't know what they know now :confused:
But I'm a little biased, apparently my father rocked me to sleep as a baby to the entire CrazySexyCool album 💤
Old R&B/Soul had socially conscious topics that stood for something 🎷

...it was 1994 (just a little before me)
They didn't know what they know now :confused:
But I'm a little biased, apparently my father rocked me to sleep as a baby to the entire CrazySexyCool album 💤
Old R&B/Soul had socially conscious topics that stood for something 🎷

Hey man, music was actually good back then. Boys II Men "II" was still hot. Prince had just released "The Most Beautiful Girl In The World" 1993. SWV was making music. Life was good. Mariah Carey had album Music Box I believe. I left out so many.

I live in that timeframe.

I posted this in the wrong thread, whoops

Edit—Hmm 🤔 can’t find the thread I thought I posted to. It was the thread something like “what songs do you listen to on volume 11”. It seems to have been deleted… I can’t find it. Maybe someone (“m69”) fell out of their chair and deleted it because some of the songs that were being posted had “strong” lyrics.

We’re not children.

Last edited:
From the "can't stand" department - everything AC/DC.

The FM station out of Modesto over plays the crap out of AC/DC. It's not like I never liked AC/DC. It's just overplayed and the sound is old.

No. Just. No.
Really only like about two songs from Rihanna. And one came out in about 2007 and the other one came out earlier this year...

This one. Vanessa Williams "Save The Best For Last"

It's got poor quality synthesizer, very good piano playing however and she has a nice voice.. however, the whole thing seems like it was written by AI and somewhat sung by a computer. Vanessa Williams looks vaguely Beyonce-ish in my opinion.. a.k.a., slightly weird looking and from the actress in Eraser.

It is an OK slightly sappy song, in my opinion...

Eraser_(movie_poster).jpg

Whitney did it better, for her songs that were good.

Also can't stand:

Songs from
Blue October
Finger Eleven
Green Day
Most Top 40
Janis Joplin
Billy Joel
Can't think of more right now.. it is early.

I remember back in 1985 when "Miami Vice" came out with it's synthesised theme song by Jan Hammer. It was all the rage. It sounded pretty good as well.

In an interview I saw with Don Johnson back then about the show, he said the electrical system in the Ferrari Testarossa they were using was so bad, they had to keep the car on a battery charger when they weren't using it. Or else the battery would go dead.

Back