Something Ain't Right But I Don't Know What

I got a verification from someone on this forum that the timing is correct and they actually know my mechanic. Go figure.

Now we will continue our pursuit to solve this great mystery. Based on oscilloscope analysis, the timing is correct. Still getting either p1346 or P1351, whichever is the passenger side.

Thank you! Timmastertech! 😘

Reactions: JC1
So, here's where we are. Oscilloscope analysis shows the engine is in time but still getting either P1346 or P1351. Only one of them
but I think the mechanic side right bank. I know it is the passenger side.

Where do yall suggest we head next? Are we headed behind the passenger side kick panel? $800????

Forgive me for thinking out loud (like I said I am not familiar with these engines other than reg maintenance) but what if one (or both) of the cam phasers was sticking when timing it, the mark would be spot on but the cam would not. Honestly I have no idea just thinking out loud.
Being an old wrench turner I may satisfy my curiosity and take a look into that system before getting into the ECM. the fact he got the code to move from one side to the other indicates that the issue is possibly in that system.

WOOHOOOOOOO!!!

Mechanic decided to cut those white clips (See earlier post) from both OCV's and reinstall them on the opposite side. He drove the car 30 minutes into town. Stopped for a while. Drove the car more. Stopped for a while. Drove the car home. NO CODES. NO TEMPORARY CODES EITHER. All of this because those clips were installed or wired poorly. That's why the codes would move from both to one and from one side to the other side. I'm so happy. My baby's coming home as I haven't driven her since May.

Timmastertech, you are so right about Joel. He is now my mechanic. Everyone else gave up but he didn't. He promised me he would fix it if
I would be patient and give him time. He works from his home and he would work on it in between jobs. HE PROMISED AND HE DID!!!!!!

Trav, thank you as you got us back on the right track. I was getting ready to increase my credit card limit. Joel just started rechecking what
previous guy did.

I wonder if some Dom Perignon would be appropriate? I'll answer that. For me, yes!

SUMUFABIATCHCO!

Back