Some supertech filters available online

The stock at my local store is a unorganized mess, even if they are well stocked. I do like to inspect the filters in store before buying though. 🤷‍♂️ Cant win em all.

Good to know, probably going to use these since they went to the nylon cage center tube on the ones I use. Really like that feature. Set it and forget it unless I see real world particle counts on many samples showing they are inferior. That’s not happening anytime soon. Done, no more oil filter wringing hands. 🐣

Good to know, probably going to use these since they went to the nylon cage center tube on the ones I use. Really like that feature. Set it and forget it unless I see real world particle counts on many samples showing they are inferior. That’s not happening anytime soon. Done, no more oil filter wringing hands. 🐣
I'm curious as to why you like the nylon cage so much? I just put a new Super tech filter on my 2005 Corolla. Going to run it for 4,000 miles.

I'm curious as to why you like the nylon cage so much? I just put a new Super tech filter on my 2005 Corolla. Going to run it for 4,000 miles.
Cleanliness of the cage, free of metal edges from punched holes. Delco seems to say this also in their information.

I just bought two of the Havoline Synthetic HM 6 qt boxes on Walmart.com. $15.47 each. I had seen this post before hand, so added two of the ST9688's and got free shipping. Nice deal.

I had gone to my local store and the shelves were pretty bare. 5W-30 was hard to find and 5W-20 was almost out. Plenty of 0W-20 available. I bought one of the Supertech Full Syn HM 5W-20's and came home and got the Havoline's online.

True. But, resistance could probably be measured with an electric pump in terms of watts/amps.
Google and do some hydraulic HP flow equation calculations with a super small PSID change from the filter and you'll see the difference is miniscule (like a few watts). It's super hair splitting. The difference an eCore cage makes in PSID is probably in the noise range of expensive pressure test transducers.

I just bought two of the Havoline Synthetic HM 6 qt boxes on Walmart.com. $15.47 each. I had seen this post before hand, so added two of the ST9688's and got free shipping. Nice deal.

I had gone to my local store and the shelves were pretty bare. 5W-30 was hard to find and 5W-20 was almost out. Plenty of 0W-20 available. I bought one of the Supertech Full Syn HM 5W-20's and came home and got the Havoline's online.
Interesting and I was surprised, but ordered at lunchtime yesterday and the two boxes of oil were sitting on my doorstep at 6 PM.........that's fast!

Back