some spring cleaning on my vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
managed to get both my autos all cleaned up and waxed for the spring recently... i normally do a detail in the spring, then again in the fall before winter hits.

my 2007 yaris. hand washed and dried, then went over with a clay detailing mitt to clean the surfaces. this time i decided to try meguiars paint protect 365. it's like an oil basically, goes on easy with a foam applicator and then you just buff off with a microfiber towel. pretty effortless and the end result was pretty good in the looks/shine department. i used it on the black trim as well. for the engine bay i just used gunk degreaser, then rinse off, then gunk engine shine. we'll see how long the meguiars paint protect lasts... i normally use a spray wax as a drying aid anyways, so fall time should be no problem, i would think.

my 2014 trax, hand washed, dried, then used the clay detailing mitt. because it's black, i like to also use a polish, meguiars ultimate polish, just applied with a foam bonnet on a 6" random orbital buffer. for the wax i used my most favorite in the world, collinte 845. this stuff not only looks great, but lasts an entire year for me, and that's through a winnipeg winter as well. its great on a vehicle like this with all the plastic mouldings and trim, you can go right over it with no worries about white residue etc.

last and certainly not least, the bike... 2005 yamaha v-star 650 classic. i never ever wash this bike with water, i'm a fair weather rider for the most part but even if i do get caught in some rain, i always just wipe this one down with a waterless wash or a detailer. normally after ever ride or so i'll wipe it down with something like meguiars gold class quick detailer, over the whole bike, engine, frame, forks, chrome, everything. i also use a wax when i bring it out of storage to start the year, this time it was eagle one liquid nano wax on all the painted surfaces (tank, front and rear fenders). brings out the sparkle in the paint quite nicely, i think. i used meguiars #40 vinyl & rubber cleaner conditioner on the seat, rubber pads on the pedals etc, wire loom coverings, lines, etc. #40 is the best for interior dashboards, it leaves zero shine or greasy feeling, and lasts forever, repels dust really well too.

So fresh and so clean! Great job
thumbsup2.gif

Very nice. I like a clean and shiny black vehicle, but it is hard to maintain and shows everything.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Do you have kids? Who has that much free time over one weekend.

i have a 15 mo old... i washed these on different weekends, actually. no way i could it all in one weekend... that and his mother is a saint.

Nice! Doesn't it make you feel good when you are done and it looks so nice and shiny?

Great to see the engine detail also.

You are the kind of guy that one would like to buy a used vehicle from. It shows that you take care of your machines.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back