Some new Auto 7 brand parts for my Hyundai -PICS-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be replacing the lower control arm bushings on my Sonata soon, and I decided to buy Auto 7 parts. I was impressed to see that all the parts I bought were just genuine Hyundai/Kia parts with an Auto 7 sticker added to the packaging. I tossed a couple oil filters in the Rock Auto order, too, and they were also rebranded OE parts.

For those who don't know, Auto 7 is a brand that offers parts only for vehicles from the Korean makers (Hyundai, Kia, GM Daewoo). They claim to source their parts from OE suppliers.

I had purchased a set of Auto 7 wiper blades before, one was a genuine Kia blade, the other was sourced from the OE supplier, KCW. After that experience, I thought it was worth a shot to try the Auto 7 parts for this job.

I bought all 6 of the bushings and two oil filters from Rock Auto for $78.82 shipped. The same genuine Hyundai parts from Hyundai OEM Parts , my preferred Hyundai parts supplier, would have cost $148.70 shipped.
shocked2.gif

Long story short, anyone looking for quality parts for a Korean car should consider Auto 7. The best prices I normally find are on Rock Auto and Amazon.

Here's a video from their website that explains a little more about them:

HP1_zps7d2c83e9.jpg

HP2_zps18027952.jpg

HP3_zpsb88fa879.jpg

I looked to see what year sonata you were dealing with and laughed when it said unreliable mext to it.

Good score in the parts though.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Now could you tell me WHY it is so inherently unreliable?
I know that era of hyundais was the last of iffy quality, but how has it been THAT bad?

Agreed I want to know to. I thought those were at least average overall?

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Now could you tell me WHY it is so inherently unreliable?
I know that era of hyundais was the last of iffy quality, but how has it been THAT bad?

Significant problems with several of the auxiliary systems, where Hyundai appears to have cut costs. The engine and transmission overall are mostly problem free, but there have been significant problems with the ABS/ESC, airbag and fuel tank emissions system.

The ABS/ESC and airbag system are also proprietary, so many scanners can't access them and many shops can't diagnose and repair them.

Not everyone has problems with the NF Sonata, but mine has been quite problematic and a regrettable purchase overall.

For more info, perform a search.

Hyundai seems to make a great car these days i own a couple personally and they seem ok
some of their engines are a little noisy but i dont see a lot of them in my engine shop for rebuilds.

I can kinda see where you are coming from.
But I also own a Taurus..
6 Years and 38k and its literally disintegrating in front of my eyes.
Drivability? I wish.
Build Quality? On weeks where theres no monday.
Etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back