Some interesting things from the Fair

C617808D-0036-406B-A590-04AF6338C8A6.jpeg

Tools for pretty brave people. I saw these at the county fair today and I couldn’t imagine the saw on a pole and how comfortable that would be.

Attachments

• F00BE2CC-800D-47E8-8689-E4546E61ED3B.jpeg
    F00BE2CC-800D-47E8-8689-E4546E61ED3B.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 88
Wow and I am half afraid every time I use my little DeWalt 20V chainsaw. I can't imagine the chiropractor bill after using that big saw for an hour or two. Get out the Advil before you fire up that bad boy.

They still made bow bars for chainsaws up till about 15 years ago when they stopped making them due to liability issues, Same basic idea. I think they were for clearing brush and pruning.

The Amish around here still use gas powered circular saws.

I was impressed with the Sally Saw’s blade and how it acted as a gear and cutting edge that was quite sharp. Not something I would want to use wearing shorts and flip flops.

The gas circular saw seems like a great idea for big beams or Timbers. I don’t know if it had a blade brake like a chainsaw if not that might be a little sketchy with the blade turning as soon as it’s started.

I also saw a tractor with a SBC swapped in pretty slick.

The antique power equipment area is my favorite area at the fair. There is a wealth of knowledge to be tapped into by chatting with the old timers who own and gather in the area just hanging around.

Thanks for sharing, those are really cool. I'd love to have that Homelite gas circular saw, looks like they basically modified a chainsaw to fit a blade.

Back