Sold another trailer last night

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
I had five trailers, four bumper pull and one gooseneck. Moving to South Carolina, we were unable to find a home that had parking to store the trailers, and would not be am eyesore to my Wife (out of her sight).

Sold two bumper pulls before we left Utah, a open 5x8 utility and a open 5x12 aluminum motorcycle trailer.

It is costing me $80 per trailer ($240 per month) to store the trailers. I decided to keep the enclosed 20 foot gooseneck, and the 18 foot open car hauler. I won't need the enclosed trailer(s) until I retire, summer of 2024 (three years from now). Thought I was spending a lot of money storing trailers. Keep the gooseneck as it is a Featherlight aluminum, so a well built trailer and the aluminum build saves some weight on my V10 gasser pulling it. They can be hard to come by, and this one had both a rear ramp and a side ramp, in addition to two side doors. Hard to find that setup so keeping it. Keeping the car hauler as I like to buy salvage auction cars on occasion and having one at the ready is helpful as auction yards charge $35 per day storage.

Put the 22 foot enclosed bumper pull up for sale. It has seven foot ceiling, eight feet wide, and I was providing the weight distribution and anti-sway hitch system with it. It was a 2014. I did not wash it, nothing. Trailer was super dirty outside, had not been washed in many years and it was black. Spotless and dry/ clean inside. 3500 LB axles. I listed for $7500. It sold immediately.

I will need another enclosed trailer three years from now. No idea where the market will be. Some say we will go back to pre- MAR 2020 pricing. Others suggest prices on new and used trailers will continue to rise.

Happen to see a nice looking used 20 foot enclosed on my way to work today. Pulled over and checked it out. It was very clean and had 5,000 lbs axles (mine were 3500). Asking price for the used trailer..... 20k.

Who knows where trailer prices will be in the future. The one I sold (picture below), if I was going to sell it pre MAR 2020 I would of asked $4500. Yet it sold super quick at $7500 yesterday....

PXL_20210525_013840099.jpg

I have a BOSS brand 12K GVW flatbed trailer, dual axle. Wonder what it would go for? Lights are fine, not sure about the brakes.

Did everything work perfectly (lights and brakes) in the trailers you sold?

I have a BOSS brand 12K GVW flatbed trailer, dual axle. Wonder what it would go for? Lights are fine, not sure about the brakes.

Did everything work perfectly (lights and brakes) in the trailers you sold?
Yes, the trailers I sold were road ready, needed nothing mechanically, and pulled true, They were used for occasional personal use. I would come across a good deal on a trailer and buy it. Ended up with five :oops:.

Not sure what yours is worth, but speculate it may sell for more than you paid for it. Times are crazy in the trailer market.

Yes, the trailers I sold were road ready, needed nothing mechanically, and pulled true, They were used for occasional personal use. I would come across a good deal on a trailer and buy it. Ended up with five :oops:.

I was getting to that point with small utility trailers.

Had to thin out the herd!

I had three utility trailers, a small popup and the car trailer. If I had a DD that could tow the car trailer I could get rid of the small utility trailer .

Reactions: GON
There's nowhere you can park yours on the street? Of course then security may not be the greatest.

There's nowhere you can park yours on the street? Of course then security may not be the greatest.
I live in a subdivision with a HOA. Trailer parked overnight on the street would be a no go. Subdivision was designed to look great to new home buyers. It was also designed to exploit every single inch. This place is tighter than many parts of Chicago or NYC. Can't believe people fall for sub-divisions like this in a area where land is plentiful. We had no other options except to move here, with the perceived housing shortage this was the only home we could find.

On the Saturday on Labor Day Weekend I returned from the auction lot with this car on a trailer. On Sunday HOA security paid me a visit saying I could not have the trailer in the street, nor work on the car. The guy across the street called on me. He has a driveway, I do not. He parks his car in front of our home, instead of his driveway. Seems he was upset I was taking up the place he likes to park.

Love of being in a newly built sub-divison....

PXL_20210903_232627892.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you could list a 1/2 eaten chicken sandwich on FB marketplace right now and sell it for over MSRP. Its nuts. I need a 20-22ft 10k lb equipment trailer and I know someone who bought one new 4-5 years ago for $3500 and now that same trailer is over $5k.

Back