So, Does EK Really Have That Much GC Stashed???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for grins I counted mine. Nothing better to do at 3AM, not sleeping since I'm staying on my mids schedule even on days off. After OCs in 2 cars and with the recent 38qt. aquisition, I'm sitting at 256 qts. Yes, its a sickness.

OMG! I see the same stuff as in my stash?

The RL, the M1, the Techron, the HDEO, the oil extractor, the VSOT, the GC....when will it stop?
lol.gif

Where's the LC20/FP60/ARX/Blackstone mailers/Specialty Formulations?

Are we all brainwashed?

Or are we all wisely following the path of the enlightened?

The blackstone mailer is sitting on my desk beside me, the ARX has just come out of two different cars. I am close to ordering the LC.

If there is brainwashing going on, I am a victim of it. I'm not typically the kind of guy people would refer to as enlightened...and if I am enlighted, it's only in this capacity. And I had to be brainwashed to get me that way.

Do you have any thoughts about which oil in my stash (top 2 shelves) would benefit most from the VSOT? Haven't tried it yet.

I think I paid around $85CDN.

To answer a few questions, the silver tube along the right side is a bicycle pump style pump. The "handle" of the pump is obscured and looks to be a part of the top of the vessel.

The small black cylinder strapped to the side of the bicycle pump (with a transluscent tube coming off of it) is a valve with which you can select "evacuate" or "dispense" based on the position. The valve allows you to use the bicycle pump to create vacuum or pressure depending upon whether you want it to suck or blow.

A similar item that works off compressed air can be found here:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=45754

Another company that makes them is "Pela". These things are easy to come by at any motor boat supply store. They're often referred to as a "Topsider" or "Oil Extractor". I love mine, and wouldn't be without it!

Nice stash Jim. I love the extractors, and you know with a Bimmer it makes the changes a snap. Another location for extractors http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/MIT-7201.html

I'll try to get a pic of my stash but just a quick non-visual:

256 qts GC (all green)
84 qts Schaeffer's Supreme 7000 10W-30
26 qts Schaeffer's Supreme 7000 5W-30
16 qts Motul 5100 10W-40
3 qts Motul 3000 10W-40
1 qt Specialty Formulations 75W-90 gear oil
1 qt Specialty Formulations Classic Car Form
1/2 qt Specialty Formulations MTFGlide
6 bottles Mobil 1 MX2T pre mix oil
7 gals FP60 (Fuel Power)
2 1/2 gals LC20 (Lube Control)

2 Oil extractors (1 Pela 7 liter, 1 Mityvac 8.8 liter like Jim 5's)

1 Vampire sampling pump with lots of tubing

Several B-Stone & Holt sampling kits

I think this is everything oil related but I'm sure to dig up something else up
grin.gif

Holy Smoke, Shorty, are you into fleet maintenance? My "little" stash is, as I said, good for out to maybe five years. How long do think all this will last you???
cheers.gif

quote:

Do you have any thoughts about which oil in my stash (top 2 shelves) would benefit most from the VSOT? Haven't tried it yet.

I have thoughts.....can't say that my opinions are much more than that: personal opinion.

I haven't used any of my newly acquired stash of GC... yet!

But I'll be the most careful with the GC since it may the most delicate balance of ingredients and tampering with it might cause problems.

I can't tell which oil is to the left of the Mobil 1.

I've used the VSOT in Mobil 1 0W-20 and 5W-30 EP, Delo 400, and in Redline 10W-40.

It seems to work just fine, but no UOA's yet.

I added 1 oz of VSOT per quart along with 1 oz per quart of LC20.

I'm also adding 1 oz of each every 1000 miles.

I know the Redline has lots of moly already... but I still added the VSOT.

At the risk of throwing the additive packs or basestocks out of balance, the idea of adding the VSOT and LC20 is to slightly increase the solvency and antioxidant level of the oil and to add a lttle more friction reducers, AW, and EP to the oil. I presume the VSOT adds a bit more ZDDP, moly, and boron.

Wiser forum members can comment as to whether this is a good program.

ek-"small" fleet maintenance
smile.gif
I have my 2 cars (Quest minivan is back on GC FYI Michael Wan), and my sister's 2 cars. Total yearly OCIs amounts to about 55-80 qts per year depending on driving. I guess the GC will take me out 3-4 years unless I add any more vehicles (honey, hint hint
wink.gif
).

I havent had a prob with my wife over the green stuff. I told her I bought 5 more QT the other day. and she was like thats cool. I told her about every thing you all told me about the benifits of GC. I guess shes like a boy and his toys and left it like that. even told her I would buy as much as I can. she wasnt phased. maybe I have an understanding wife? I dont know. or maybe she has her secret obsessions and can use it as leverage
dunno.gif

I put GC in my 6.5HP push mower. must say the thing runs smoother than when I got it 2 years ago. I am almost ready to dump out the oil in my truck and pop in the GC. still hard to get over the Green look on the dip stick of the mower. but its more of wow its green. COOL
biggthumbcoffe.gif

so today I might go out on a green hunt in the other towns.

Did you tell her about the Elves...the ladies usually like the little guys...she'll think it is more cool than ever...yup, it's all true

Thatwouldbegreat...

The oil to the left is BMW High Performance "Full Synthetic" 5w-30.

Even though it's a group III, UOA's I've seen here show very good results on it.

I'm currently on a GC run with the 330ci, and will do two OCI's with that..then a UOA, then I'll try the M1 0w-40.

D J,

The Elves are the little guys who, at their picturesque blending plant in the Black Forest formulated--and USED to make--das Grün Elixer of Love, Life and Engine Longevity. Alas, it appears Castrol has claimed owenership of the formula and is now blending GC themselves in the US of A....sigh...Dies ist alle sehr falsche.

Oh dear, the disease is worse than I initially feared! I was at my civilian office the other day checking on some paperwork (where my dormant law practice awaits my return from 3+ years of recall to active duty). Lo and behold, I had 14 more quarts stashed there that I had totally forgotten about! All mid-range M04 stock. And to add a comic element, it's all stuffed into an Autozone hand basket (they were all out of bags, I recalled, and told me to just take the basket, and return it when I got around to it... ouch
blush.gif
). So, while I'm still well behind our 200 club members, that brings the present total to 167! Madness, sheer madness. . .
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

I am right about at 200 quarts of GC (green).

I bought all of it within one month, and must have hit at least 20 AZs in the area to do it. My wife was amused by the search.

I haven't seen any in AZ since except for one visit where one location had replenished with some GC (which I promptly bought).

I still have 3-4 AZ $20 cards in my wallet as a result too, no reason to use them unless I buy some more GC.

Later,

Rich

Yes RichD cut my quest short. We were both cleaning out the local AZ stores at the same time. I ended up with about 93, but I am now down to about 80 after a few changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back