Snow sale package deal at Tire Rack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great price for me.

I just have to save up the cash to get it done!

If you figure in the price to have tires mounted, it makes sense to buy a set of dedicated wheels and tires, especially if they have steel wheels for your vehicle.

Originally Posted By: ChiTDI
http://www.tirerack.com/snow

Where is the deal you're referring to? They've always sold those packages.

QP - it was the pricing I was referring to.
October 1 -31 and the packages included free mounting & balancing.

Which pricing? I don't see any on the page you linked to.

The mounting&balancing is always free with them as long as you buy rims and tires at the same time, not just Oct 1-31. :)

You plug in your vehicle info and they show the offerings.
Didn't know the mounting and balancing was free when you buy tires and rims simultaneously. Not free when you just buy tires sad to say, I found that out over the summer.
Dates of sale came on their newsletter "Inside Track".

Not free when you just buy tires sad to say,

Yeah, I know. I just bought a set of tires from them last week - mount&balance was an extra $100.

The thing is, if you buy just tires or just rims, it's not them who does the mount&balance (but a 3rd party shop), so they can't control the cost. When you buy a whole set - then they just do mount&balance in-house, hence they can give it to you at no additional charge. It's been like this as far back as I can remember.

I should have been aware too, after you mentioned it, I checked my receipt from November of 2002 when I bought my Blizzak package. Sure enough, mount&balance N/C.

Didn't know the mounting and balancing was free when you buy tires and rims simultaneously.

Yes if you buy wheels and tires together they can mount and balanced them for free if you want. I did my summers that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back