Snapper RE mower m280919B

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i had a stuck float ended up having gas in my oil and spraying out from spark plug hole when cranking without the plug. i took the carb apart cleaned the main jet, drained the oil replaced the oil. now the mower will crank but smokes heavily and seems to have throttle issues. Turtle mode is not turtle is still fast...

can anyone help me with what to do next? i dont know if the smoking is ok or safe and throttle cables seem to be right but not sure how to properly troubleshoot.

See if the throttle spring is on correctly (is bound up and holding the butterfly wide open).

If you tipped the mower or put too much oil in it, it would make it smoke heavily until the excess burns out of places it shouldn't be. What kind of engine?

I'd assume the governor linkage is not right after it was removed to fix the float bowl issue.

If the oil is overfilled that will cause smoking?

the oil was overfilled with gas and i figured it would be normal just wasnt sure if should let it run in intervals to burn it off or all at once.
i will try and play with the linkage tonight and post my results.

its a briggs and stratton 9hp didnot tip it but float malfunctioned and gas flooded everywhere so i drained the oil and added new.

the oil was overfilled with gas and i figured it would be normal just wasnt sure if should let it run in intervals to burn it off or all at once.
i will try and play with the linkage tonight and post my results

try to get the B&S serial numbers off the tab and post it here.

we can search for parts, identify the model/type, etc. easily that way.

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back