Snapper Mowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering a Snapper self-propelled walk behind mower for some trim work around my house, and I noticed that Sears now sells Snapper mowers. Are Snapper lawn mowers still made in the USA?

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I'm considering a Snapper self-propelled walk behind mower for some trim work around my house, and I noticed that Sears now sells Snapper mowers. Are Snapper lawn mowers still made in the USA?

As far as I know they are.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I did a little reading, and it appears that Snapper is now owned by Briggs and Stratton. FWIW

well thats a big enough American company....
thumbsup2.gif

Still waiting to use my John Deere JX-75 for the first time this year. I can recommend that mower to anyone. Especially a BITOG member, since it's the only walk behind mower I've seen that has a spin on oil filter.

Though I think you can get a snapper commercial mower with the same kawasaki engine with spin on filter - on the other hand, maybe not now that B&S owns them.

They are USA mowers.

I had one 15 yrs ago with a TEC 4 HP 2-cycle engine and really enjoyed the mower for 20 yrs until I sold it.

Absolutely amazing vaccuum for picking up not only grass but leaves etc.

It also can mulch very well with a mulch conversion kit.

Get one with a 5 + HP engine if you can...it likes power.

I,m a snapper dealer. Briggs now owns snapper, simplicity, ferris, murray & more. The models that sears sells are their "value line" of snapper mowers. Snapper dealers have the same exact mnodels available. As far as we know, all snapper mowers are still mainly US made(this week). The same can't be said for some of the engine parts & also some of the snow blowers. Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back