Snap-On ATECH2CS240 (4-20 ft lbs) Torque Wrench

This torque wrench seems to have the perfect range for valve cover bolts, intake manifolds and manifolds, spark plugs and other small engine parts. Snap-On advertises 1-20 ft-lbs, but it is only accurate (to 2%) from 4-20 ft-lbs.

But here's my question: the ATECH2FR125 appears to have upgraded electronics. Does anyone know if those same upgraded components are now present in the other models?

Also, the price is staggering, as usual.

Last edited:
No idea but IMO this is totally unnecessary for those types of fasteners. I use a good clicker that is rated 3% (actually less then 1.5% by the test report). I do use electronics for angle and critical fasteners like head, rods, mains, flywheel, etc.

U gotta a purty torque wrench.... banjo music playing

I hate any and all of the electronic beeping vibrating digital gauge climbing number almost there... torque wrenches. My clickers, all brands/models, are instant and fast, and can be calibrated/serviced indefinitely in this lifetime.

Seen the failure rate of certain electronic torque wrenches. Don't drop it. Don't sweat on it. Don't let it be near overspray(penetrating oil) leaks.... Don't forget to change leaky batteries often to avoid leaky batteries. And hope that the chicom electronics don't fail.

Oh my, 2-year warranty and if anyone buys one, stick with lithium disposables.

No idea but IMO this is totally unnecessary for those types of fasteners. I use a good clicker that is rated 3% (actually less then 1.5% by the test report). I do use electronics for angle and critical fasteners like head, rods, mains, flywheel, etc.
Unnecessary? Sure, especially for those types of bolts. Bolts that many techs tighten using a cordless ratchet with a hand-finish.

With that said, are you aware of a 3/8" click-type torque wrench with a range of 10-20 ft lbs? I would certainly be interested in one that is not a split-beam.

Edit: prefer flex-head.

Last edited:
This is a steal and is owned by Snap on. Norbar is one of the best made. BTW it is dual scale Nm and lb.ft

Edit: I meant a $600 electronic tool is unnecessary for those types of bolts you mention not that a torque wrench is unnecessary.

Last edited:
This is a steal and is owned by Snap on. Norbar is one of the best made. BTW it is dual scale Nm and lb.ft

The handle on that one seems unusually large. Not a complete deal killer but I could foresee some clearance issues.

I have that one one and the Norbar, both are excellent. Not being a flex head is not a big deal for me personally but each to his own not my money.

I would love to have a torque wrench accurate up to about 45ftlb, but haven't found one in that range. On most small fasteners I trust my feel more than anything. You get direct feedback that way, instead of working against a spring. I have 50 years experience doing it that way, because there are always way too many things you can't get a torque wrench on, and I have 6 different torque wrenches that can't get the job done. But I always use one on critical fasteners if possible.

Last edited:
Unnecessary? Sure, especially for those types of bolts. Bolts that many techs tighten using a cordless ratchet with a hand-finish.

With that said, are you aware of a 3/8" click-type torque wrench with a range of 10-20 ft lbs? I would certainly be interested in one that is not a split-beam.

Edit: prefer flex-head.
With torque so low, why 3/8 instead of 1/4? Personal preference?

I have the Norbar that @Trav linked to, and a very small 1/4” precision instruments clicker. Covers everything I need. I personally prefer using 1/4 wherever possible...

I have that one one
Trav, which clicker do you use that is accurate to 3%? Im also interested in buying a few of those Norbar wrenches, they seem to be excellent quality.
I have this one only with the industrial ratchet head, this one cost almost $70 more at the time for a reversible ratchet head, I dont require a reversible head as there are very few LH threads used anymore otherwise it is the same tool.
This is one of the best there is and at this price is a deal with free shipping from the UK where it is made. The calibration certificate is to a different standard.

It has both scales 10 - 50 Nm or 7.38 - 36.88 lb.ft and it is easy enough to convert to lb.in.

bought the 3/8 snap-on clicker up to 100 ft-lb YEARS ago for smaller fasteners + its smaller head a plus. it broke once but fixed free. today their tools are crazy money!! bigger kobalt up to 250 for heavy duty!!

Back