Smokeless Fire Pit

My bride and I just had a nice patio poured behind our house, and we both love a good fire in the evening. We used to live in the country, and had a wonderful large fire pit behind the house, but now we live in the city...in a nice neighborhood...with neighbors ;-) We still want to have an occasional fire on the patio, and I'm looking for a tasteful way to do it, and not bother the neighbors. It will NOT be gas powered...that just kills the joy of sitting around a fire. I know these aren't really "smokeless", and I know that properly seasoned wood makes more effect on smoke than anything else.

Right now I am leaning on this one (link below). It is heavy (we have high winds here in Iowa), and won't get blown away. It looks well made, and even better, is made here in the USA.

Does anybody have experience with this brand, or even this style of fire pit? Alternatives (NO GAS)?

My bride and I just had a nice patio poured behind our house, and we both love a good fire in the evening. We used to live in the country, and had a wonderful large fire pit behind the house, but now we live in the city...in a nice neighborhood...with neighbors ;-) We still want to have an occasional fire on the patio, and I'm looking for a tasteful way to do it, and not bother the neighbors. It will NOT be gas powered...that just kills the joy of sitting around a fire. I know these aren't really "smokeless", and I know that properly seasoned wood makes more effect on smoke than anything else.

Right now I am leaning on this one (link below). It is heavy (we have high winds here in Iowa), and won't get blown away. It looks well made, and even better, is made here in the USA.

Does anybody have experience with this brand, or even this style of fire pit? Alternatives (NO GAS)?

GET A SOLO STOVE! I have one and it's incredible. https://www.solostove.com/

It’s not like burning firewood in a regular fire pit makes some sort of smoke-screen. I’d buy any fire pit you like, I don’t think that’s going to upset the neighbors at all.

We've got a Solo Stove Yukon, which is 27 inches in diameter. It works very well, but any of the smokeless firepits will burn through wood very quickly. Just be prepared with a good supply of dry wood if you are planning on any extended time on the patio with the fire going.

I compared the Breeo with the Solo Stove and the Breeo is more expensive but more heavily built. The Solo Stove works for our purposes.

Costco has two different types. I'm guessing you are not near a Costco.

Costco has two different types. I'm guessing you are not near a Costco.
Well, I will be in a handful of months...they are building one a mile or two from my house right now. I am a current Costco member, and they ship I'm sure, so I will take a look. Thank you!

I guess these things are the modern ( and more expensive) version of the burn barrel we used to use back in the old days. One could find a used barrel for free, punch a couple of holes through the bottom sides and there it was. We spent many a cold winter burning branches and other yard waste plus keeping warm to boot.

I have the breeo. A friend has the solo stove. Both work great. The breeo has more options for cooking grilling. If you don't plan on doing that , the solo stove is better priced.

I have plans for enclosing the breeo in a stone ring.
IMG_20220402_191912085.jpg

I guess these things are the modern ( and more expensive) version of the burn barrel we used to use back in the old days. One could find a used barrel for free, punch a couple of holes through the bottom sides and there it was. We spent many a cold winter burning branches and other yard waste plus keeping warm to boot.

I agree 100%...but my bride doesn't (or won't, not even going to try). We "moved to the city" and have already spent good coin on a patio, gardens, she-shed, outside furniture, and I'm sure she wants a fire pit to match. We already have a big copper kettle that works just fine IMHO...but we are "upgrading" :)

She makes twice as much as me, who am I to complain ;-)???

I bought a burn barrel with slits cut in the side with a plasma cutter. It puts out very little smoke and burns quickly and completely. Not that anybody wants a burn barrel on their patio.

Back