Smart water heater timers.

If one is willing to spend more, some (most?) of the hybrid water heaters have the same thing plus they allow a change in temperature too. Plus they are very efficient.

I’m not a fan of smart devices integrated with homes, but this is something I’d like. You can change things from your phone vs in my case going into the basement. The hybrids also allow you to monitor temp. Good for getting it all setup IMO.
I would adore a hybrid heater - unfortunately space is at a premium as my water heater is on a shelf above my dryer so only the shorties fit. It would be perfect for the summer as it would be easy to install a duct to blow into the main areas of the home and help reduce my a/c load, now winter would be an entirely different question with higher run times due to colder supply and the heat pump fighting the water heater.

I had an electrician take a glance at my panel to see if tankless would be an option but my service is pretty much maxed as is, being in a condo upgrading the service to the panel is not an option.

Stuck with the tanks here.

This month I was about $100 all in for gas and electric . I'm not complaining .

Back