Small Fuel Hose Clamps?

Does anybody know a source for small fuel line clamps? These would be for 3/16" and 1/4" ID fuel line on lawnmowers and generators. I'm looking for the spring style that you use pliers to remove.

I found many assortment kits on Amazon, but there are many reviews that say they break either during or sometime after installation. Some reviews also say that when opened (with pliers) they don't spring back.

I would like to add in-line fuel filters and need clamps on the hose.

This may not be the "proper" way of doing things, but I installed an inline fuel filter for my Briggs powered walk-behind mower and used some zip ties as "clamps" I had laying around. It's just gravity fed, If it works...

I was just looking through the drawer of the constant tension clamps at my local Ace hardware over the weekend. They stock assorted sizes and you can buy just one if that's all you need.

Dorman 13400

A good fuel filter is Wix 33031 (1/4)...

Wix 33032 is 5/16
Wix 33033 is 3/8

McMaster-Carr has a nice selection of the spring type, but you do have to buy them in quantity if you buy them from them.

McMaster-Carr has an online catalog and it is huge, and they have been in business a long time, and they are one of the largest customers of UPS so they have a very special arrangement with UPS. They get a very low rate that they pass on to the customer and they also get very very fast service. Call before noon EST and expect it to be on your door step before the end of the business day the next day 95 % of the time. And if it is not there that next day it will be there the following day.

McMaster-Carr has a huge paper catalog that is nice to have to page through to see all the different categories of items they have, but they will not send a small customer one, and they will not sell them. The only way to get a McMaster Carr catalog from them is to be a large customer. You can buy them on e-bay when they send more than one to extremely large customers, but they are expensive if you want the most recent version. McMaster-Carr updates there catalog every once in a while and then the older ones go for sale on e-bay for a low price. There is nothing wrong with getting a McMaster-Carr catalog that is one or two versions older than the most recent. They are still a huge catalog and have many many things in them.

Last edited:
local hardware store or small engine shop, or worse case zip ties as someone else suggested. Usually the filter is beaded so the hose stays on with very little clamp force, not to mention most small engines are gravity fueled with the tank being higher than the float bowl, so the clamps don't need to be overly tight.

Oetiker clamps or the spring clamps the Japanese use would be my pick. The smallest Norma(one of the two European worm-drive clamps besides Gema) clamp Amazon stocks is still too big for small-bore hose.

Back