Is This Fuel Hose Ethanol Rated

I have been having some issues of engine surging with my 2016 Simplicity Regent 48” with 25hp Vanguard engine, 360 hours. I cleaned the carb twice it ran fine then started surging again. So I started looking at the fuel line as in a couple hours run time I see a tiny spotof black goo in the bowl.when I blew out the two tiny jets set in the body with brake cleaner they spit something out then were clear. Sim thinking the hose line may be breaking down though swabbing with a Q Tip didn’t show much besides some black discoloration. My OEM fuel line says G05108barrier. 30R7 EPA15. I dug around the net and found a lot of gibberish sales crap . Only one , a manufacturer had a banner on their web site page showing 30R7 hose NOT FOR ETHANOL FUELS.
So what’s the skinny on this stuff ? I’m going to run a copper line with 2 short pieces of rubber and call it a day either way but I’d like to know if that hose Simplicity put on there is rated properly for the job. It’s also getting a fuel shut off to keep gas from sitting in the carb.
FYI I seldom use booze gas in this mower anyways but sometimes have to for convenience and have left it over the winter at least once😔 with it in the lines.

"Ethanol fuel" means E85, which is harder on parts than E10. Specifically E85 rated hose is readily available, which is also compatible with E10 and non-ethanol gasoline.

I have been having some issues of engine surging with my 2016 Simplicity Regent 48” with 25hp Vanguard engine, 360 hours. I cleaned the carb twice it ran fine then started surging again. So I started looking at the fuel line as in a couple hours run time I see a tiny spotof black goo in the bowl.when I blew out the two tiny jets set in the body with brake cleaner they spit something out then were clear. Sim thinking the hose line may be breaking down though swabbing with a Q Tip didn’t show much besides some black discoloration. My OEM fuel line says G05108barrier. 30R7 EPA15. I dug around the net and found a lot of gibberish sales crap . Only one , a manufacturer had a banner on their web site page showing 30R7 hose NOT FOR ETHANOL FUELS.
So what’s the skinny on this stuff ? I’m going to run a copper line with 2 short pieces of rubber and call it a day either way but I’d like to know if that hose Simplicity put on there is rated properly for the job. It’s also getting a fuel shut off to keep gas from sitting in the carb.
FYI I seldom use booze gas in this mower anyways but sometimes have to for convenience and have left it over the winter at least once😔 with it in the lines.

Looking at that gates is like most of what I found. It’s not the same 30r Hose . As for the definition its cutting hairs. 10% still has it in there and it has a horrendous track record well documented . It’s all booze gas 😖

Check too that your fuel filter is intact. I had a carb gum up as described above. It was an 11hp Kohler engine that had sat for quite some time. The fuel filter was perforated, passing along the fine rubber chunks of a deteriorated gas tank cap seal. It just fritters away like sand into a black plastic tank. You'll never see it. But when I saw the bad cap seal? Replaced it. Siphoned the gas tank dry into gas can with coffee filter in a funnel to strain particles.

Removed and just flushed at the Carburetor bowl, Float and pintle with carb cleaner. Replaced fuel filter with new after blasting the lines and tank with air and dumped the filtered gas back in.

Profit!

Many models of engine already incorporate a fuel shut off solenoid. It's the first thing you should hear click as you go key-on just before engine start. It will be nestled between bowls on a v-twin... to the side of a single pot lawn killer. If you suspect it's not functional... yes. You could install an inline twist valve. But why? o_O :) Fix it!

Back