Small block Ford pushrod engine 1/2 quart overfill

He said old school Ford 5.0's, who brought turbocharged to the discussion?
He never said it wasn't. As a matter of fact, he never mentioned the aspiration of the engine. It was a blanket opinion given the information I was given.

We don't know this gentleman's future plans as his car is everything but old school given his suspension and braking modifications.

FYI, you do realize you can turbocharge "old school" engines, correct?? I've turbocharged a flathead before.

Good attempt at being a....ummm...."rooster" while adding nothing valuable to this gentleman's thread.

If you have something technical to add, please do so, otherwise let the adults be adults.

He never said it wasn't. As a matter of fact, he never mentioned the aspiration of the engine. It was a blanket opinion given the information I was given.

We don't know this gentleman's future plans as his car is everything but old school given his suspension and braking modifications.

FYI, you do realize you can turbocharge "old school" engines, correct?? I've turbocharged a flathead before.

Good attempt at being a....ummm...."rooster" while adding nothing valuable to this gentleman's thread.

If you have something technical to add, please do so, otherwise let the adults be adults.
At least I understand what old school means

In fact no one cares if you turbocharged an old school flathead or participated in Challenger space ship design. OP asked a simple question and instead of a simple quick answer you inserted turbocharged engines. Who's now not adding technical usefulness to the discussion? On top of that you turned defensive too😁

OP would have said it if he is, or plans to be "turbocharged" in what looks like an 80s or 90s engine. Despite being so remote of a possibility.

old school
/ōld sko͞ol/
noun
used, usually approvingly, to refer to someone or something that is old-fashioned or traditional.
"amenities that my parents, being of the old school, still take for granted"

Last edited:
At least I understand what old school means

In fact no one cares if you turbocharged an old school flathead or participated in Challenger space ship design. OP asked a simple question and instead of a simple quick answer you inserted turbocharged engines. Who's now not adding technical usefulness to the discussion? On top of that you turned defensive too😁

OP would have said it if he is, or plans to be "turbocharged" in what looks like an 80s or 90s engine. Despite being so remote of a possibility.

old school
/ōld sko͞ol/
noun
used, usually approvingly, to refer to someone or something that is old-fashioned or traditional.
"amenities that my parents, being of the old school, still take for granted"
Hate to break it to you, however there is no one size fits all when it comes to oiling. All bases have to be covered. The fact that you didn't know what engine it was, just "old school" shows that you are just looking for an argument.

That engine happens to be a Windsor engine. One of the most modified engines, if not the most modified on this earth. Simply asking if it was turbocharged was not out of the question given the engine and platform.

Being a pushrod engine does not make it old school. Sorry. That technology is still used in today's modern engines. LS/LT, hemi, ford's new godzilla to name a few.

Just to blow your mind, I can take a ls/lt head and put it on the ops engine with a bit of work.....

Thanks for playing.....your ignorance showed.

Let's not clog up this thread anymore. I'm sure the op does not appreciate it.

He said old school Ford 5.0's, who brought turbocharged to the discussion?
Well, his signature brought supercharger into the discussion, as I assume this is the car we are discussing (because it clearly isn't the termi-swapped one):
1988 Mustang Boss 327 Vortech Si Magnum T56 MaximumMotorsports

That's a decently modified Windsor.

Well, his signature brought supercharger into the discussion, as I assume this is the car we are discussing (because it clearly isn't the termi-swapped one):
1988 Mustang Boss 327 Vortech Si Magnum T56 MaximumMotorsports

That's a decently modified Windsor.
Wish I could see signatures. Maybe I'm too new or does not show in mobile mode. To the best of your knowledge, is the Si self contained head unit or it gets its supply from the engine???

Wish I could see signatures. Maybe I'm too new or does not show in mobile mode. To the best of your knowledge, is the Si self contained head unit or it gets its supply from the engine???
According to Vortech, if this is a V3 or V2 Si, it has self-contained lubrication:

Vortech said:
The new standard, our most popular supercharger has a self-contained lubrication system. The V-3 comes with an attached oil drain extension so the unit does not have to be removed for servicing. The supercharger uses the quieter helical cut gears (3.61:1 ratio). The V-3 Si-Trim Supercharger is capable of up to 775HP on modified vehicles. Extraordinary 78% peak efficiency. Ideal for latest generation of improved breathing, high-power street and strip engines.

But of course the increased power density of forced induction does have an impact on lubricant selection and service type.

And yes, that's likely a limit of the mobile mode, I'm on desktop.

With that deep sump, there should be no issues at all. Overfilling only becomes a real issue when the running oil level is high enough to get into the crankshaft counter weights. Then it gets frothy etc.

Always makes my heart swell when I see a V8 coupled to a manual. I cannot drive a slushbox!

Serious hardware there, way superior to what I used to run. Nice ride.

Solid rear axle, or IRS???
Solid rear with MM’s torque arm, panhard bar, and adjustable lower control arms.

Attachments

• 99336163-4613-4942-9693-70BED958E3CB.jpeg
    99336163-4613-4942-9693-70BED958E3CB.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 6D60516D-DAE3-4B41-B1E3-5C756E3BBD13.jpeg
    6D60516D-DAE3-4B41-B1E3-5C756E3BBD13.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 42FB13C1-7C0D-4DAE-AA35-97CCA5F9FC15.jpeg
    42FB13C1-7C0D-4DAE-AA35-97CCA5F9FC15.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 4
Back