sludge under valve cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by toyvwbenz:
-*-*The plastic chain guides become brittle and fall apart. Watch for chunks of plastic in your used oil. -*-*Very impressive to be approaching 400K miles on the original.

Done better than this before but with this new one I doubt I will have the same results because all the things seem to half or third what they once were.... Today I have 391-497.
What chunks of plastic ?
Smell plastic buring lately but not see any chunks. Will the normal TIC TIC TIC of the engine get like a SCRAPE or like a Funky Tic sound?
So far I have replaced all the rubber and seals I think are possible:
VC / PAN / Front / REAR / PVC gasket / oil CAP
all of these have been or started leaking, and as far as I know the engine is now tight and dry. But she burns and always has, the dealer tells me that anything up to 1 Qrt per 1000 miles is normal. I close to this and always have been, after 30 K went to 30W straight, and very little burn, and recently decided to try 10 gallons of 10w30 and I think it's about 8.5 gallons too much.

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
Robbie the easiest fix for the rear main area is to install a mallable copper sleeve called a crank saver. -*-*-*

What does this cost, and I guess you need to do it when the seal is done???
The front crank seal had a very very fine line of wear and the mechanic said It was worn and best to be replaced but not necessary at that time.
This wear was almost not able to be felt but with extreme care. He said the harmonic balancer would need to be replaced sometime. This kinda the same thing but BIGGER ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back