SLOB at BigLots

Status
Not open for further replies.
TallPaul is the mixmeister. I would say no need to mix SLOB AND VSOT. But I may be a little jaded since I can never find VSOT.

I'm sure there's no reason, but I sensed a challenge with the "all in due time" remark.

This sewing machine I drive doesn't need anything but the M1 with a dash of VSOT, I'm sure, but what would bring the M1 back to "SL" grade it was spec'd for?

Or any other 5W20 in SM trim?

Well, if you read the back of the 75k+ bottle, it says it contains a complete SJ add pack. Don't know if it's the same for SLOB, but I'd bet it's close.

IIRC, the SLOB bottle says four times the zddp of SL oil. Not sure what "complete SJ add pack" means. Bruce gave me a PCMO add pack and it has 21000 ppm zinc!

I would guess it means brings an average sump of oil up to SJ. Now, whether it brings an SL or SM up to SJ is the question.

I've been segregating my SLOB and VSOT spikes for OCIs. Just yesterday I added VSOT with PenzPLat for my car, dino brew with SLOB in my brother's and M1/M1EP + SLOB in my mom's. ~1oz/qt doses.

just received this email:

Dear Theodore,

Thank you for your recent Midway order. Unfortunately, we were advised by the manufacturer, that the item you order, Street Legal High Performance Oil Boost, 6oz has been discontinued and is no longer available. We will be shipping out to you that we have in stock . We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We hope you will return to shop at Midway Auto Supply for future needs.

Thank you.

Nope, learn your CD-2's GMorg!
grin.gif

That's the 75k plus High mileage treatment. Almost the same stuff but with VII's as well. I already have 31 bottles.
shocked.gif
lol.gif

SLOB is basically the same except no VII's. I don't have total ZDDP of the 75k+ stuff but it's supposed to be a decent amount of zddp and calcium. TallPaul just posted a VOA for the SLOB.

> Better get some while they're still available.

That is so true. I've been stopping by the local BigLots and in place of SLOB and 75K+ they now have purple bottles of CD-2 Fuel System cleaner/additive. Someone's been making off with SLOB and 75k+.
mad.gif
I do so hate competition... I wonder if he/she/them read BITOG.

Plenty of SLOB around here. I went to double-check for 75k+, did not see any. I'll have to check other stores.

The 75K looks interesting. Also my Big Lots has a CD2 Detergent in a yellow bottle with a short neck. I think it is only $1.50. And they had a MMO stop leak for $1.30. But I will stick with the sure thing--SLOB.

TallPaul, remember the Yellow? Search back thru the beginnings of BITOG. Mola checked it out and found it to be a light 20 weight oil with a dash (ie less than a quart of oil's worth) of calcium. I bought 4 bottles before I went back and looked it up.

Just picked up another 10 bottles today. Don't know what I'm gonna do with it all but if zddp additives ever become a commodity, I will be sitting pretty. I now have 27 bottles of SLOB and 31 bottles of 75k+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back