Silverado front axle fluid level

2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 with the 8.25 ring gear front axle, does anyone know the proper fill level for it? I’ve seen three different fill levels.
1) 12-16 mm (0.50-0.625 in) below the fill plug,
2) When the differential is cold, add enough lubricant to raise the level to 1/2 inch (12 mm) below the filler plug hole. When the differential is at operating temperature
(warm) add enough lubricant to raise the
level to the bottom of the filler plug hole.
3) If the level is below the bottom of the filler plug hole located on the front axle, you may need to add some lubricant:
When the differential is cold add enough lubricant to raise the level to 0 to 3/8 inch (9.5 mm) below the filler plug hole.
When the differential is at operating temperature (warm), add enougn lubricant to raise the level to the bottom of the filler plug hole.

My owners manual doesn’t have this info so I googled around and found those from different year gmt800 owners manuals and various forums with info from gm. I then looked up my owners manual on chevys website just to see if they updated it or mine was a misprint and number three was what it said. I understand they are all similar and probably close enough but I’d like the actual specification.

Just check it cold. If you feel the oil with your finger in the fill hole, it's ok. No need to make this complicated.

Just check it cold. If you feel the oil with your finger in the fill hole, it's ok. No need to make this complicated.
Not trying to complicate anything, just wanna do it right. I don’t wanna cause any foaming of the fluid being overfull which leads to wear and overheated fluid or underfull and causing wear.

You're splitting hairs and it won't matter. 1/2" below or at the hole will be just fine. That 1/2" isn't going to make a difference in the oil foaming. The gear is bathed in it regardless and it is slinging around getting aerated. It's not like a motor or transmisson where if you fill it too much you'll come in contact with the crank or gearsets and cause issues. The gears are already running in the oil.

I would take the time to make sure that the vent is not plugged. That will cause you more issues than a little too much/little oil.

Not trying to complicate anything, just wanna do it right. I don’t wanna cause any foaming of the fluid being overfull which leads to wear and overheated fluid or underfull and causing wear.
It won't matter if the level is 1/2 inch below or up to the fill plug's bottom. You won't overfill unless you jack up the front end and fill it up. You are making a science project out of it.

It won't matter if the level is 1/2 inch below or up to the fill plug's bottom. You won't overfill unless you jack up the front end and fill it up. You are making a science project out of it.
Well I suppose then the rear axle fluid level is a science project because that’s 5/8 to 1 5/8 (15-40mm) below the fill plug. I was just hoping somebody would have the spec that’s all.

Back