Sidewall Cracks

Yes, of course!
-
I did go out and check the other tires. One has about the same crack. The other 2 not so bad but the cracks aren't as deep as they look in the picture. But alas, they are getting replaced when the new ones come in.

My Fathers words ring true when I see things like this……”Never skimp on Brakes and Tires……” Words to live by!

Whose life are you saving driving on those things!😖

225/50ZR18. Gonna get the CC2 which I just got on my wife's CR-V. The Costco discount is good for 2 more days. Still gonna cost me over $900. I could get the PS AS4 cheaper but I would rather have the additional snow traction. But, I'm sure the AS4 is much better in the snow than the Goodyears that are on there now.

That is a good price for a set of 18-inch Michelins, and the CC2 is very popular on here :)

That is a good price for a set of 18-inch Michelins, and the CC2 is very popular on here :)
I just got a set for my wife's CR-V and it was much cheaper. ~$737 granted they were 17s. The 18s ended up costing me $963 after rebate and taxes. The AS4 were $204.99 at tirerack but Costco doesn't have them in stock. It would have been cheaper to get those but I wanted the enhanced ability in the snow and I'll sacrifice performance for the safety with the kids in the car. Though, I'd get them for my other Subaru.

Not sidewall related, but a good rule of thumb is to put a penny head-up in the tread. If you see Lincoln's behind, you need to replace your tires.

Back