Shower Grab Bars

Please place:

4 in x 33 Ft Anti Slip Traction Adhesive Tape, Clear Safety Non-Slip Grip Tape​

on that bar. I have a bar in my shower, and other places in the house. Soap will make any other material too slippery to be any use! I can't stress this enough.

I've also determined that pumice-infused hand cleaner won't make my feet so slippery that that becomes a broken-bones situation.

I have had to deal with health issues that make this kind of preparation imperative.

It would help if the bars had more mounting holes to better mount them. I install the round bars and with 2.25 diameter mounting plate and with 3 holes there are not a lot of mounting holes to choose from. I mount with 2 screws through the stud first to locate the bar then drill through the mounting plate where the stud is to install the rest of the fasteners. I also use construction adhesive with the screws as it also keeps water out from behind the plate.

I installed grab bars for my mom when she was still living at home. For the bar ends that couldn't be anchored to the wall studs, I used WingIts.

I "installed" a shower grab bar today. We had this shower installed while we owned the house but lived 1000 Km away. I took the precaution of asking that the position of the studs be recorded. And I kept the record!

Being a bit "chicken"/wise in these matters, and afraid of breaking a tile, I had our shower guy come and drill the holes and install it. Perfect!

Yes I could have done it myself but if I had cracked a tile I would have been in a world of hurt.

Back