Show me your gun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gone through them with lube and new/rechaged batteries, will get to the rest later...
[Linked Image]

My Walter PPQ 9mm I got in January 2017. Need to get out and shoot more often, I think I've shot maybe 30 rounds through it? Maybe 40?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Goodness, Nick! 30 or 40 rounds in nearly three years!?!

You really DO need to get out and shoot more...

By the way, I like that model of Walther. My wife's Walther CCP has great ergonomics and is a good shooter.

Originally Posted by ctechbob
Not a very good picture, and not all of them. They're all .40 S&W and I have 9mm barrels for a few of them. Bottom to top G27, G23, G22, G35, and "G24C".

The G24 is not a 'real' Glock. It is a G22 frame with a G24C slide and ported barrel from Lone Wolf. I'd always wanted a G24C and this was the closest I could get since real ones are hard to come by. All are Gen 3 (I prefer that generation)

The long slides are such good shooting guns, very enjoyable.

I'm with you. Long time shooter and user of Glocks for duty. While I like some of the enhancements found on the Gen 4, I am convinced the Gen 3's are the most reliable.

Originally Posted by KCJeep
Originally Posted by ctechbob
Not a very good picture, and not all of them. They're all .40 S&W and I have 9mm barrels for a few of them. Bottom to top G27, G23, G22, G35, and "G24C".

The G24 is not a 'real' Glock. It is a G22 frame with a G24C slide and ported barrel from Lone Wolf. I'd always wanted a G24C and this was the closest I could get since real ones are hard to come by. All are Gen 3 (I prefer that generation)

The long slides are such good shooting guns, very enjoyable.

I'm with you. Long time shooter and user of Glocks for duty. While I like some of the enhancements found on the Gen 4, I am convinced the Gen 3's are the most reliable.

Yea, we're issued G4's and while they're good, I just don't have the need for them since I like the stock grip so why have extra parts?

Originally Posted by Astro14
Goodness, Nick! 30 or 40 rounds in nearly three years!?!

You really DO need to get out and shoot more...

By the way, I like that model of Walther. My wife's Walther CCP has great ergonomics and is a good shooter.

Yup, it's really nice to hold. I wanted a Glock at first, but once I held this, it was worth the price premium.

Well, I've mentioned my fondness for the 3rd generation S&W and I had my 4506 at the range yesterday. I bought the gun about a year ago. Original box and magazines. Good condition. Low use gun.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Cleaned. Properly lubed. Factory magazines. New springs (Wolff). Good ammo.

Still didn't run just right. Loading the first round caused problems. With 7 rounds in the magazine, no problem. With 8 (full capacity), it would fail to feed on slide release. Ran great for the rest of the mag, so, once loaded, it was good.

As I cleaned it this morning, I took a close look at the feed lips on the magazines.

I'll be darned. The orange follower is the original S&W magazine, the one I had been using that gave me trouble. The black follower is an original S&W magazine that has been updated.

Evidently, there was a recall on this pistol in 1990 for unreliable magazines. The updated magazines have the black follower, and the feed lips have been modified. Being cautious, I bought several original S&W magazines for this pistol.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My theory is that the gun was bought new, didn't work just right and was put away. Nearly 30 years later, the owner (or his heirs) decide to get rid of the "unreliable", heavy old gun.

Still in its original box.

With its original magazines.

If only he had read the recall, and updated his magazines back then, this gem wouldn't be in my hands now...

I picked up a Para Ord P13 like that. Very reasonable price. When I first cleaned it it was very dirty, but other than that, looked lightly used.
Took it to the range with the original mag and a bunch of spares I had just bought. Couldn't get it to feed right with the original mag, but the additional ones I had bought worked just fine.
Figured the original owner dumped it because of the feed problem when all it needed was a cleaning a mag that hadn't sat around loaded for years.

DelTon DT 308 with Aero rail, Magpul STR stock, 2 stage match trigger, and Nikon Monarch scope.

CB19573C-AFB7-4B5F-B93B-E40C18CDA823.jpeg

That's the best looking Taurus / Beretta clone I've ever seen. I like the polished and matte Stainless combination. It really adds a nice color contrast. How does it run?

Originally Posted by billt460
That's the best looking Taurus / Beretta clone I've ever seen. I like the polished and matte Stainless combination. It really adds a nice color contrast. How does it run?

Runs like a top. Last time I went to the range, I had 50 rounds straight hit the target center mass at 25 yards, left a giant hole, the next 50 rounds were aimed center head, again, giant hole, all hit. This was with 124g American Eagle FMJs, out of the box, factory adjusted sights.

My boss was pretty uhh, shocked when we skipped out on work and went to the range. Were both veterans, he was Army Infantry, I was an Army Tanker. Proved to him Tankers definitely can shoot, as his little 45 gap barely hit paper
thumbsup2.gif

I served in the era of the M9, which believe it or not is the primary weapon of an Abrams tanker. This entire platform is my baby.

Anywho, I've shot everything from mil issued M9s to Beretta 92s, as well as Taurus 92s. This Taurus is way better than any issued weapon (for the sake that the issued ones were decades old) I've shot, and it performs just as well as any new M9/92 Beretta I've shot.

The ONLY thing about this gun I didnt like was the synthetic grips that came with it, taurususa.com had these wood grips for 13.99 I believe and feel way better.

Edit: I found this one on Galleryofguns.com for 425$ new awhile back, of course prices through them depend on where you're getting it sent to (davidsons/gallery of guns is a supplier, businesses that have more sales through them get different pricing). I think the blued variant was only 400$ at the time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
........ The ONLY thing about this gun I didnt like was the synthetic grips that came with it, taurususa.com had these wood grips for 13.99 I believe and feel way better....

I am the same way. I'm just not a fan of synthetic grips. I get the whole durability factor, along with why they belong on a military sidearm, and all of that. But they make a gun look like a pickup bed that was freshly sprayed with a bed liner.

Besides, at my age I'm sure as heck not going to be busting through doors, doing any house clearing in battle fatigues. So why not have the gun look like something? I even went to some nice wood grips on my Sig P-226 SCT. It looks so much better, and still runs the same.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I dont mind synthetic grips usually, since I usually wear gloves while range shooting, military habits are hard to break. I'll still shoot gloveless on the occasion, but a nice pair of broken in Nomex flyers gloves is what I'm used to. Especially if barrels are hot.

Again. I dont mind synthetic or plastic grips, Its synthetic grips that are sandpaper course I cannot stand as it feels like my gloves are getting "hung up" and it makes it super uncomfortable. My XDs is the same way, good thing Pachmayr exists for that.

Last edited:
9mm Kareen MK II
Israeli Hi Power Clone, 9mm.
Got this in a trade, guy who had it said the prior person had painted it.
Didnt look to be cerakote, looked more like Krylon Stone or Rustoleum textured rattle can garbage.
Kept it on the lower, as I dont mind it, but it had to go on the slide it was chipped and bubbling all over. Copper scrubber scotch brite pad to it and yeah, I'm fine with it now.
Added the pachmayr wood grips, as the rubber wrap around grips looked atrocious.

Little stiff at first. Outers gun grease and some Safariland CLP and shes going nice now. 200rds 115gr PPU and no FTF or FTE.

Top pic is after I got it
Bottom pic is now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
9mm Kareen MK II
Israeli Hi Power Clone, 9mm.
Got this in a trade, guy who had it said the prior person had painted it.
Didnt look to be cerakote, looked more like Krylon Stone or Rustoleum textured rattle can garbage.
Kept it on the lower, as I dont mind it, but it had to go on the slide it was chipped and bubbling all over. Copper scrubber scotch brite pad to it and yeah, I'm fine with it now.
Added the pachmayr wood grips, as the rubber wrap around grips looked atrocious.

Little stiff at first. Outers gun grease and some Safariland CLP and shes going nice now. 200rds 115gr PPU and no FTF or FTE.

Top pic is after I got it
Bottom pic is now.

Screenshot_20191112-204919_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191112-204941_Gallery.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back