Should you buy and install WalMart ceramic tint?

It likely would have cleared up some had he given it time to dry. Just because you squeegee all of the water out from behind it, there is still some trapped in there that will take some time to work its way out.

Probably still crap tint though.

Yikes. It's definitely worth it to have a professional handle tint. Their materials and experience are worth the extra cash, plus they almost always come with a lifetime warranty. I've had 4 cars tinted at different shops and none have come out looking that hazy.

I tinted an old Dodge Aspen one time just so people couldn't see me driving it. I was a victim of hard times and was a little embarrassed being seen in it. I bought it because I lost my salesman job with a company car that I could use for personal business as well. The company closed down and I didn't have anything to drive and bought the Aspen for penny's on the dollar. Anyway to make a long story short the tint was applied but it didn't look that great. Tinting windows is quite an art and is very difficult even for a self appointed hobbyist or craftsman. That old Dodge slant 6 is probably still running!

I tinted an old Dodge Aspen one time just so people couldn't see me driving it. I was a victim of hard times and was a little embarrassed being seen in it. I bought it because I lost my salesman job with a company car that I could use for personal business as well. The company closed down and I didn't have anything to drive and bought the Aspen for penny's on the dollar. Anyway to make a long story short the tint was applied but it didn't look that great. Tinting windows is quite an art and is very difficult even for a self appointed hobbyist or craftsman. That old Dodge slant 6 is probably still running!
I bought a DIY kit off Amazon once for my Caliber… I very quickly learned the hard way it’s better to let a professional do it, even if it’s all pre-cut. I also burned a hole in the passenger side on accident lol

It’s basically the same film as the Gila brand from the auto parts store. Not a bad film to learn with due to its price and convenience, and somewhat decent quality. I wouldn’t put that stuff on a Lamborghini though.

Back