Should I grease brand new upper control arm ?

The shop replace the upper control arm . It have hype grease fitting but look like the boot don’t have any grease on it . The shop don’t pump grease into these ?

Pleasantly plump is the answer. I had to grease my Mevo-Techs. The pic clearly shows this boot is not greased up

029B74F3-0EC5-4E69-936D-CF5BC3EC5090.jpeg

You would be wise to select a special for that job. The incorrect grease will do more harm than good. One grease gun squirt is good and more doen't do any good. Ed

If the shop neglected to grease it, then grease it.

But I’m not sure how you’ve determined that they didn’t grease it. The boot shouldn’t be bulging, and they might have wiped off the nipple.

If it were mine, a couple pumps of grease and call it good. That way, you know it was done.

There comes a point where you need to stop everything else and make an effort to use proper grammar.

The shop REPLACED
It HAS "hype"?
but LOOKS
boot DOESN'T
grease IN it
shop DOESN'T

Get off my lawn lol.

If the boot seems more full of air than grease, put some grease in.
Who care

Every new greasable joint has grease in it, but just enough to say they put grease in it. Give it a pump or two.

Most ball joint manufacturers use standard black grease. Use the same unless you're going to pump out all the existing grease.

If you are that far down in the gene pool, please stay off public roads. Ability to construct sentences is less difficult than safe driving. We are not face to face. Good thing!
There are a few outliers on this forum who continue to post responses that are barely understandable and the OP is one of them. Most posters do a perfectly fine job. Is it really that difficult to put some effort into your written communication, @MetalSlug?

There are a few outliers on this forum who continue to post responses that are barely understandable and the OP is one of them. Most posters do a perfectly fine job. Is it really that difficult to put some effort into your written communication, @MetalSlug?
Lol chill out . There so much thing more important in this world for you to worried about this . If you don’t understand or it bother you , just don’t rely and move on , simple . I am not forcing any one to rely , don’t understand , bother you , move on lol

It's simple.

Most bearings and ball joints ship with a minimal amount of grease in them to prevent corrosion in storage and shipping. Once installed, they are greased unless they are factory sealed with no zerks to pack in more.

If and only if your new LCA's have grease zerks on the backside; jack the side up with the new bearings up under the control arm. Remove the wheel for easier access. With vehicle load weight on the ball joint, inject only a few to even just one puff at a time of grease until the boot just moves.

STOP just as you see the boot bulge up in the slightest. That's enough. But grease it with the entire, normal weight of the vehicle resting up under a jack against the LCA.

Over filling it, or greasing it with the wheel off and body suspended by a jack point with the armature *not* supporting vehicle weight naturally will possibly split or pop the boot when it's lowered.

Forget anything I said if there's no nipple to be seen and just don't worry about it. ^.^

Lol chill out . There so much thing more important in this world for you to worried about this . If you don’t understand or it bother you , just don’t rely and move on , simple . I am not forcing any one to rely , don’t understand , bother you , move on lol

No, there isn't a single thing in this world that is more important to Y O U than your ability to communicate, without others thinking you are not worth their time. I have some other thoughts on how this situation came to be but I'll revert back to GET OFF MY LAWN.

Back